PDA

View Full Version : How to repaint Pine Aqueon stand and canopy

Vadafallon
08/05/2016, 07:08 AM
So the short of it is, i sealed the inside of the stand with Kilz primer. I am no painter and of course like a terd i did not tape it off. Now i have it on the outside some too. So to make it nice i need to repaint it. Can i just paint over it or will it be more of a process?

RussWalters
08/05/2016, 09:23 AM
So the short of it is, i sealed the inside of the stand with Kilz primer. I am no painter and of course like a terd i did not tape it off. Now i have it on the outside some too. So to make it nice i need to repaint it. Can i just paint over it or will it be more of a process?

I repainted a cheap stand recently and it came out pretty decent looking . Make sure you sand down really well first to get a smooth even surface, then I'd uses a primer coat and then the final color, with light sanding between coats to get a good smooth finish.

Also, don't cheap out on brush/roller for this application. Using a high quality applicator is crucial for a good finish, especially when you get to the final coats.

-Russ

WLachnit
08/05/2016, 09:45 PM
Depends on the original finish of the stand. Some finishes will not let a new finish adhere well. Best bet is to sand and use a primer as the previous poster suggested.