PDA

View Full Version : I am deep in addiction.

Dogshowgrl
08/07/2016, 02:09 PM
I finally broke my husband. Back in December I posted about my 60 gallon and getting it off the ground. Well, it didn't take long before they became a passion. My husband has now realized that a 60 gallon is just not going to be enough and has set up a 125 for me and we are now converting over the workshop for my cultures and breeding and I even have him getting into breeding (even if it is jawfish) hey it makes it that much easier for me to get my stuff and more tanks!

But where most stay with one or two species, I am trying to get into a few more. Any suggestions of breeders?

Looking for subelongatus, comes, reidi, whitei, fuscus, histrix, maybe ingens. Histrix, maybe histrix, and if anyone has histrix....

I have emailed seahorse source twice and yet to get a response. I would love to support them and they are close to me, but anyone who can shed some light on if they are still active fill me in!

ThRoewer
08/07/2016, 03:51 PM
Tell me about it - I started with one freshwater tank 2 years ago and by now I have one freshwater and 10 saltwater tanks going - not counting food cultures :headwally:

Dogshowgrl
08/07/2016, 07:01 PM
Getting a job at a good guy LFS has not helped because everytime something cool is available I get first dibs. If a used tank that is amazing becomes available, if I move it it's mine. You can see how this gets out of hand quickly.... now looking at adding another building to the homestead. Oh and aquaculture license, endangered species license, and business license... Yes this is a big problem...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ThRoewer
08/07/2016, 08:19 PM
Back in Germany I had more tanks than some stores around here: 15 display/broodstock tanks +10 larva tanks +28 grow-out tanks... and an indoor swimming pool (though I never filled that one). I had basically 3 large rooms filled with tanks.

Unfortunately you need to be millionaire around here in the SF Bay Area to own a home - and multi millionaire if it should be big and have some land...

Dogshowgrl
08/09/2016, 06:39 PM
Nice. We are talking pool in the future, but we are young so we have time. We wanted a pool anyways, if it happens to have fish in it, well that has to be an improvement. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk