PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to shake the zeomix?

NewbReefer316
08/08/2016, 10:48 AM
I'm going to start your system in a 25g AIO system, does the Zeo mix need to be shaken daily. Is it preferred to run it in a reactor?

plyle02
08/08/2016, 01:49 PM
Reactor would be best, and no the Zeo Mix does not require shaking or pulsing. I would imagine that it could be held in a filter basket just fine. Cheers :)

NewbReefer316
08/08/2016, 02:19 PM
Reactor would be best, and no the Zeo Mix does not require shaking or pulsing. I would imagine that it could be held in a filter basket just fine. Cheers :)

Thanks for the reply, I originally planned my tank(IM 25 Lagoon) around the Zeovit system but after some research decided to go the AF route instead. Here is what I had planned for the filtration and I can easily just add the phos reducer in the slot above/below the carbon.

http://i.imgur.com/qdAEQP8l.jpg

If the reactor route is that much better than I can look into a small reactor to see if I can fit the zeo/carbon/phos reducer in there together like I've seen suggested.

ClearwaterUK
08/08/2016, 02:52 PM
A reactor would give more adjustability flow wise, which gives the opportunity to alter the nutrient levels

NewbReefer316
08/09/2016, 11:48 AM

With the stack method, how much carbon, phos - and zeo mix would I need for roughly 25 gallons?

There is a reactor that will fit but the total capacity is only 150ml.

plyle02
08/09/2016, 01:45 PM
For my 120 gallon I do 2.5 cups of Zeo Mix, 1.5 cups of AF Carbon, and 1 cup of AF Phosphate Minus, stacked in that order from bottom to top, flow adjusted to see AF Phosphate Minus tumble, but as to not escape the reactor. These are my calculations that have worked brilliant for me, so let's say 20% or around .7 cup of Zeomix, .5 cup of AF Carbon, and .3 cup of Af Phospate Minus. Now, based on your bioload you can increase or decrease, I am just giving you an idea, ultimately it boils down to your fish and coral load, and how well your system processes the nutrients. Cheers!