PDA

View Full Version : BK Vertex 1000 pump issue.

broke1
08/08/2016, 08:23 PM
I have this pump on my Vertex Alpha 170 and I think it might be on its way out. I noticed it wasn't running in my sump, I assumed something may have lodged the needle wheel. Upon taking it apart, everything seems good. There was no blockage and the pumps bearings seem to be smooth and free. When I try to plug it into the wall out of the tank, its cycles a couple times like it is going to start, but just quits after a couple tries.

Has anyone run into this issue and can anyone help with troubleshooting?

slief
08/08/2016, 10:06 PM
I have this pump on my Vertex Alpha 170 and I think it might be on its way out. I noticed it wasn't running in my sump, I assumed something may have lodged the needle wheel. Upon taking it apart, everything seems good. There was no blockage and the pumps bearings seem to be smooth and free. When I try to plug it into the wall out of the tank, its cycles a couple times like it is going to start, but just quits after a couple tries.

Has anyone run into this issue and can anyone help with troubleshooting?

From what it sounds like, you're going to need a new block.

This is the correct replacement block for that skimmer. The website shows we are out of stock but I am pretty certain we actually have one or two left. We also have more due to arrive end of next week.
http://royalexclusiv.com/Spare-Parts/Mini-Red-Dragon-Red-Dragon-1-BK/motor-blocks/part-motor-block-for-Bubble-King-Double-Cone-130-250::123.html