PDA

View Full Version : Coris Wrasse dove into shallow sand bed :(

Rakie
08/11/2016, 09:12 PM
Well, after a little worry over his carpet surfing behavior while acclimating he seemed to settle in just fine. He wasn't the largest fish, and my Geometric Hawk decided to give him a little chase at breakfast today.. He got scared, zipped around the tank and dove right into about .6" sand.

Didn't make it.

After hitting up another LFS later this evening I ran into what I'd been searching for -- A Tanaka possum wrasse, priced perfectly at $25. He's currently fluttering around the tank just fine picking off pods and delicious looking micro brittle star arms. The Geo. Hawk isn't to happy with him either, he's chasing him around a fair bit but just keeping the new wrasse out of his most favorite perching spots.

I've got some rubble curing in a container, if necessary I can glue him a little home in a few more days.

Jollyg97
08/11/2016, 09:20 PM
Yeah hawks can be pretty big jerks, I think that especially goes for any fish with a similar body type so be careful of that. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Rakie
08/11/2016, 09:37 PM
Yeah hawks can be pretty big jerks, I think that especially goes for any fish with a similar body type so be careful of that. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Yeah they can be, since this guy is not a true hawkfish (2" perchlet) I was hoping he'd be more calm. He's great with my ultra timid firefish but he seems to be a jerk to anything put in the tank after him.