PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at Mag/Ritteri, how does it look?

jusn317
08/15/2016, 10:19 AM
Like the title states, this my first attempt at keeping a ritteri so just wanted some feedback on how it looks. Has been in my tank for almost a week, and in that time it has not moved an inch from the spot I placed it Also have not noticed any deflating, and my clowns seem to be very happy.

D-Nak
08/15/2016, 10:32 AM
Looks very good. Keep your fingers cross as things can turn quickly. Sometimes it can take up to a month for the nem to show signs of an infection.

It's normal for mags to deflate partially at night, maybe even down to about 50% of the normal daytime size. If it deflates during the day, or appears limp, then remove it and place in a QT tank and follow the antibiotic treatment outlined in the sticky.

davocean
08/15/2016, 10:41 AM
Yeah looks great in that pic, hope it stays that way for you

Gig 'em
08/15/2016, 10:48 AM
Beautiful anemone. I hope it does well for you and remains heathy. Looks good so far!

nemguy
08/15/2016, 11:05 AM
Looks good but I agree I've had a mag after 2 months just randomly get sick and need treatment keep your eye on it and get some cipro so you have it on hand if you need it! Good luck beautiful color!

jusn317
08/15/2016, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed and hope it continues to do well. I do have cipro on hand just in case, but hopefully won't need it.