PDA

View Full Version : Which Anemone?

SDiver
08/16/2016, 04:53 PM
What will be a good Anemone for a bare bottom tank?

vhuang168
08/16/2016, 04:58 PM
BTA, Crispa, Magnifica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDiver
08/17/2016, 05:22 AM
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jamie1210
08/17/2016, 10:17 PM
Gigantea as well if you are interested in carpets

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

ThRoewer
08/18/2016, 01:33 AM
Of all anemones I ever tried I found giganteas to be the hardiest once free of disease.

My current crispa did well for a while and now looks like it's on its way out and I can't nail down what's causing it.

My new malu didn't like the place I put her and went on a trip to the dark side of the rock work.

Some of my giganteas on the other hand have been in conditions Aptasia may not like and survived it. With one exception none of them ever went on a field trip to explore the tank or the inside of a powerhead. They usually stay put where I place them (based on what I feel they like). They need a good deal of light, but are as shallow water species much more tolerant to water quality fluctuations than many other host anemones. I had one for almost a year in a 10 gallon tank and it is still around, even if it had shrunk a bit in it's new home.

YMMV

davocean
08/18/2016, 11:55 AM
I would consider these suggestions and then also cross reference as to which is a natural host match for whatever clowns you plan to keep.
I planned out my tank for a mag to host my percula/picasso pair, made a perch up high for it and it's worked out very well for me.