PDA

View Full Version : Question on Corals for my rock work

Chicagoreef2016
08/18/2016, 03:15 PM
So, I have a 60 cube that just finished cycling a couple week ago (just under 2 months). I have a Hydra 26HD for my lighting and am interested in thoughts on what LPS/softies/etc anyone would recommend for my rock work and that isn't terribly difficult, given the height of the main plateau at the top third of my tank gets a lot of great light (see attached images).

I added a couple Ocellaris clowns a few days ago, and just added a neon green frogspawn frag, as well as a purple/orange frogspawn frag; both were placed on the lower left side of the picture to help acclimate them.

I am thinking: a Duncan, hammer, possibly a zoanthid, and Favia as my tank matures over the next 6-12 months. Thanks!

mcgyvr
08/18/2016, 03:33 PM
Its personal preference IMO.. Sounds like you are aware of the "easier" corals..

devils hand/umbrella/toadstool leathers grow well and are super simple..zoas.. favia (I like favites better) and yeah Euphyllia corals (frogspawn/torch/hammers).. gorgonian corals are neat.....etc..etc..etc..
just browsing liveaquaria you can see plenty and good generic information about each type..their needs/aggression/feeding,etc..

Do what you like...and what you can find locally,etc... have fun.. and research a bit before you buy

Chicagoreef2016
08/18/2016, 03:41 PM
Its personal preference IMO.. Sounds like you are aware of the "easier" corals..

devils hand/umbrella/toadstool leathers grow well and are super simple..zoas.. favia (I like favites better) and yeah Euphyllia corals (frogspawn/torch/hammers).. gorgonian corals are neat.....etc..etc..etc..
just browsing liveaquaria you can see plenty and good generic information about each type..their needs/aggression/feeding,etc..

Do what you like...and what you can find locally,etc... have fun.. and research a bit before you buy

Cool, thx. LiveAquaria is my go to, but like to read here and see if there is anything I am not thinking of.