PDA

View Full Version : Bubble tip anemone with clowns

Doge
08/20/2016, 08:29 PM
Will a bubble tip anemone host my ocellaris clownfish. They are frostbite and black snowflake. I know the natural host is percula but will my ocellaris host in it? And is trying to get them in the anemone bad or should I just be patient. I mean by the putting food near the nemo by trying to get them in. Not forcing em tho.

SeaCucumberFan
08/20/2016, 08:37 PM
My ocellaris hosts a green bta

Doge
08/20/2016, 09:41 PM
My ocellaris hosts a green bta

How'd you get them to or they just did

SeaCucumberFan
08/20/2016, 09:42 PM
They just did. Put in anemone and clownfish at the same tine and suddenly they just bonded

Doge
08/20/2016, 10:35 PM
They just did. Put in anemone and clownfish at the same tine and suddenly they just bonded

Lucky I'll put mine in today and see how it goes

SeaCucumberFan
08/20/2016, 10:53 PM
:thumbsup: Post abour it once it's in

lokmar
08/21/2016, 12:07 PM
My two clowns left my RBTA alone when I first got it for about 2 weeks. Then they started hosting it it. The clowns used to swim all over the tank before they "found" the nem. Now they're like a couple of lazy bums lounging in the nem all day long. They only leave it for 2 things now, food and chasing other fish away.

vhuang168
08/21/2016, 03:10 PM
1. The anemone is the host not the clownfish

2. A BTA is NOT a natural host for a Percula

3. With a non natural host, it may happen or it may not. Depends on the clownfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiffyjhn
08/21/2016, 04:32 PM
Hi guys, I have 4 small goldbar maroon clowns(1-1.5 inch). Will they host a long tip anemone or bubble tip anemone. There is this guy selling a long tip anemone. It's pretty big about 6 inches. will the anemone eat my baby maroons?

Thanks

carrots
08/21/2016, 05:32 PM
Will a bubble tip anemone host my ocellaris clownfish. They are frostbite and black snowflake. I know the natural host is percula but will my ocellaris host in it? And is trying to get them in the anemone bad or should I just be patient. I mean by the putting food near the nemo by trying to get them in. Not forcing em tho.

My Ocellaris ended up killing my BTA. The female would ram her head into the BTA constantly. I was unable to get it out from the hole in the rock it was holding on to.

Dkuhlmann
08/21/2016, 05:45 PM
Hi guys, I have 4 small goldbar maroon clowns(1-1.5 inch). Will they host a long tip anemone or bubble tip anemone. There is this guy selling a long tip anemone. It's pretty big about 6 inches. will the anemone eat my baby maroons?

Thanks

The bubbletip anemone is a natural host of the maroon clowns, in most cases your maroon clowns will dive in within seconds of putting the BTA in the tank with them.

Doge
08/21/2016, 07:03 PM
Lol that guy cooked me