PDA

View Full Version : MP10W / Do Pumps have Slow Startup/Fish Guard

Yellow_donkey
08/22/2016, 08:25 AM
I have a blenny (I wonder how many posts start with that line) that waits all day for the MP10W to be shut off for feeding, not because it is feeding time, but because he can then go and sit in the fish guard. He loves it!

Without fail this guy hits the fan when it is turned off and I am sorry to say that I cannot remember to poke him out each time before I start the blower back up. However, he never appears to have been hurt and being hit by the blade a few times sure has not dissuaded him from lounging in his favorite impeller housing!

My question is, do the MPs have a slow fan startup, or slower fan start up that nudges these guys, when I do forget to get him out, at startup he does shoot out and seems to "pout", but thats just atypical blenny in other words. Should I always make sure he is out of there or is he just being nudged? Thank you.

reefwiser
08/22/2016, 10:55 AM
You could set it up in ecotech live for a slow speed during the time of day that you feed. But their is no slow speed after feeding setting that I have seen.

Yellow_donkey
08/28/2016, 01:28 PM
Ahh I see, instead of complete power off, use the feed mode, where it always turns a bit. Ya thats a good idea, I did not think about that. Thanks.