PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Illumination Intermittent Question

NASAGeek
08/22/2016, 07:20 PM
I got two AI Hydra 26's two years ago for my 120g. Love 'em.

Long story short.... I had to tear down my tank.... move houses.... now I am setting up a new tank.

The 120g has been "demoted" to the sump room as an huge refugium. I bought a 210g as the new display tank.

I set up the AI lighting for the 120g as the refugium lights. I figured I'd dial the spectrum maximize plant growth.... and then I'd buy some more new ones for the display.

But the AI's are acting "intermittent"..... on for a while... randomly off... randomly back on. Before, on the 120g as the display in my old house, they were mounted under my hood. Now, I've got them hanging open air.... I don't think they are overheating... but I never see the fans running. I never noticed them being intermittent before.

Could it be the fans are broken and it's overheating? What would cause this??? Thoughts?? Of course, I've checked all the connections are solid.

Is there a way to repair these lights??? I love the lights and having them hooked up to my Apex.... Super bummed about the intermittent operation.

I was prepared to just go buy more for my 210g.... but at this price... I can't have them fail after only 2 years.

Thoughts appreciate.
Mark

dz6t
08/24/2016, 05:44 AM
The fans should always run. If you dont see the fans running, they are broken.

NASAGeek
08/24/2016, 07:12 PM
The fans should always run. If you dont see the fans running, they are broken.

Roger.... thanks

M

NASAGeek
08/26/2016, 08:47 AM
I gotta give a HUGE endorsement to AquaIllumination!!!! Wow, what AMAZING CUSTOMER service.... like the best customer service ever.

I called and explained my issue... they immediately diagnosed the problem (fans)... immediately sent me new fans at no cost.... no questions asked... no receipts required.... just awesome.

Definitely buying my new lights from them.

Uncle Luke
08/26/2016, 09:12 AM
That's great. Nice to see a company stand behind their products!