View Full Version : Spigot or valve for Ace roto

08/26/2016, 08:02 AM
After 14 years in the hobby, I finally decided to upgrade from trash cans for RO water storage. I bought a 75 gallon Ace roto, built a nice stand for it, and went to the hardware store to find some sort of valve or spigot. No luck. Eventually, I will buy another roto and a pump and build a mixing station, but for now I just want to store water. What can I use? I have a 1 inch female threaded hole on the bottom of the roto.

Vinny Kreyling
08/26/2016, 08:25 AM
Have no idea what a roto is, I have a poly 55 gallon container with a 1" threaded hole @ the bottom.
I just went with 1" pvc a valve & short hose. I have 1 over the other & drain top to bottom.

08/26/2016, 10:25 AM
Roto is just the brand. This is similar to my set up and will work, but the pvc valves at lowes/home depot are crappy. I need to turn this valve at least once a day. I might hunt down a good gate valve, but wondered what others did.

08/26/2016, 11:41 AM
Why buy an expensive gate valve when all you need is open/close? just buy a quality spears ball valve from Bulkreefsupply. the spears ones i have rotate easily and havnt had any problems, the box store valves are junk.

08/26/2016, 01:04 PM
Not that cheap, but the best option so far. I just wish they were threaded instead of slip union.

08/26/2016, 01:12 PM
I thought you meant a Cepex Ball Valve. They also have spears gate valves. I don't see spears ball valves.

Vinny Kreyling
08/26/2016, 02:42 PM
Mine ball valve is a cheapie is from a big box store but & I use it once a week with no problems.

08/26/2016, 02:44 PM
They do make threaded spears gate valves. That's all I use in fact. I don't wanna have to buy another $30-60 valve each time!

08/26/2016, 03:17 PM
I will pick up an order from us plastics, thanks

08/26/2016, 09:09 PM
sorry, yeah cepex, is the ones i used from BRS. they come in slip and threaded i think on their site.