PDA

View Full Version : Programming MH off at specified tank temperature

rockworm
08/26/2016, 07:12 PM
Hi all,

I have the Profilux 3 ex, FW 6.28. I do not yet have fans on the DT (looking at breeze in couple months). I run metal halides over the tank for a period of 8 hours via Profilux switchable sockets. However, we have been having hot weather lately and the tank is heating a little more than I am comfortable with. I have the temperature set to 78' and would like to program the MH to turn off when the tank hits 82. I have been experimenting with the Programmable Logic module using the assigned MH timing process and temperature sensor, but can't get it to work.

How would I go about accomplishing this? I suspect it is something simple that I am overlooking and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ward

ReefRockerLive
08/27/2016, 02:56 AM
Hi Ward, no need to use Programmable Logic. Profilux has a feature called Temperature Dependent Light Reduction which will do exactly what you are looking for. Look for it under the Illumination channels section.

rockworm
08/28/2016, 04:14 PM
Hi Ward, no need to use Programmable Logic. Profilux has a feature called Temperature Dependent Light Reduction which will do exactly what you are looking for. Look for it under the Illumination channels section.
Bingo. I knew it was something simple I overlooked. Thank you very much.[emoji106]