PDA

View Full Version : Biocube protein skimmer

HarlequinAddict
08/28/2016, 03:27 PM
Hey guys, I recently got a protein skimmer for the biocube and I got a little problem... There are no videos on how to assemble it, and I got another problem. Do I submerge the air pump into the water? Thanks in advance.

mcgyvr
08/28/2016, 05:44 PM
Do I submerge the air pump into the water? Thanks in advance.

NO!!!.. The air pump is not waterproof and needs to stay dry on the desk or wherever..

Its really simple to put together....
http://www.oceanicsystems.com/assets/008/27039_400wh.jpg

Scurvy Dawg
08/29/2016, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, I recently got a protein skimmer for the biocube and I got a little problem... There are no videos on how to assemble it, and I got another problem. Do I submerge the air pump into the water? Thanks in advance.

For what it's worth, most people do not like this particular skimmer. The air stone needs to be replaced regularly.

bif24701
08/29/2016, 07:46 PM
Yea, it's crap, honestly. I just set up and AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115. It does a fine job as long as you set it up right and do a mod or two. It works.

Aaron

meverha1
08/29/2016, 09:26 PM
It's absolute crap. I didn't much like the Tunze 9001 or the Aqualife 114 either. I tried both. Never could get the Aqualife one to fit right and the Tunze is way too sensitive to changes in water level.

Finally settled on the HOB-1 and I love it. Although, it does require some modifications to the hood.