PDA

View Full Version : Yuma Ricordea growing like crazy...

zoeth
08/30/2016, 03:05 PM
These are my first Yuma mushrooms and I knew getting into them that people have varied luck. I picked up a single polyp orange/blue Yuma (they are really expensive!) and glued the plug in a somewhat subdued lighted area in my tank. It seemed to recover pretty quickly and responded very enthusiastically to feeding, easily fitting an entire brine shrimp into it's mouth. I have had this Yuma since July 4th (not even 2 months) and already has it not spread once, but twice. It seems to leave behind a little foot or spore that slowly forms into the shape and color of the mouth and grow out.
The photo's aren't the best and I tried to adjust my lighting to get more photo friendly pics but to a modicum of avail.

kichimark
09/08/2016, 07:37 AM
Awesome and beautiful yuma. :dance:

Gagonzalez
09/08/2016, 11:23 AM
Yep! I have an orange / blue Yuma as well and it has split a lot. My original was a 2" mushroom that is now about 4-5" when fully spread out. It has left 7 babies so far in about the last 6 months and...........here's the important part, if you feed it (like I first did) it will drop babies like mad! I stopped feeding it Mysis a few months back and has since only dropped 1 baby so far. The first few months that I kept feeding it Mysis it just kept growing and dropping babies like a factory.

Good Luck.

zoeth
03/17/2017, 01:38 PM
It has been a little over 6 months since my initial post and I have a little update for all you RC'ers.

As I hope you can see from the picture this Yuma has easily doubled in size and completely moved off its plug onto the rock. Furthermore my wife and I have counted at least 8 baby yumas. So far so good!

BaltimoreFish
03/17/2017, 06:40 PM
Are you feed exclusively brine shrimp? What's your feeding schedule (how much and how often)?

I'm not feeding my green yuma and it has not done a thing in 6 months-I'll give it a try.

Sorry, last question. What lights are you running over your yuma?

hamsterman
04/04/2017, 11:32 PM
Congrats! Your ricordea look awesome. I hope the ones I got do just as well. The color variations and hardiness make these guys a big asset to any reef aquarium.

sdbc
04/14/2017, 12:59 PM
In my old 50 gal, they ran out of rocks to occupy and started attaching to the back of the tank. If they like the conditions, they will definitely spread. It's a nice change to have something beautiful taking over instead of algae or cyano.