PDA

View Full Version : Apex Classic EB8

scooter31707
09/01/2016, 12:49 PM
Hello all,

I just purchase the Apex Classic for my upgrade, so my question is what can I use in what outlets of the EB8, since outlets 4 & 8 are relays. The list of equipment that I will be running for the time being is as follows:

1) 2 Mars Aqua LEDs
2) Simplicity 540DC Skimmer
3) Simplicity 3200 return pump
4) 2 MP60s
5) 800w Finnex Titanium Heater Element
6) Smart ATO
7) 6500K Refugium Light (be ran opposite hours of main display lights)

I was thinking should I put the ATO and Refugium light in outlets 4 & 8. Also is this too much power on this one eb8? Thanks.

Vinny Kreyling
09/01/2016, 01:24 PM
The unit will handle 15 Amps so you have to add up the equipment.
A Kill A Watt comes in handy here.

All__talk
09/01/2016, 04:42 PM
You will want to save the relay outlets for devices with small current draws. The solidstate outlets don't turn off clean with very low currents.

Gary

heuerfan
01/11/2017, 12:40 PM
My opinion is to get rid of it and use Reef keeper Elite......

rocsec1
01/11/2017, 02:11 PM
Used both, I like the apexbetter. More flexible

slief
01/11/2017, 02:17 PM
My opinion is to get rid of it and use Reef keeper Elite......

LOL.. That was real helpful. Obviously you had an issue that must have soured your experience. I've been using my Apex since they were first released several years ago and never had an issue. I have more than 20 add on modules connected to my controller too I also have an Apex 2016 on another system of mine and installed a couple others for other people. All working great. I had the very first generation Neptune AquaController 1 that I got in 1995 up until the Apex was released and never had an issue there eihter. I've supported many RKE customers and seen plenty of issues in a much shorter amount of time. Aside from the issues, the Neptune interface and Fusion program put the Apex light years ahead of the RKE. I also have a Profilux 3 and would go that route long before RKE. That said, every users experience is different.

canadianeh
01/12/2017, 08:26 AM
LOL.. That was real helpful. Obviously you had an issue that must have soured your experience. I've been using my Apex since they were first released several years ago and never had an issue. I have more than 20 add on modules connected to my controller too I also have an Apex 2016 on another system of mine and installed a couple others for other people. All working great. I had the very first generation Neptune AquaController 1 that I got in 1995 up until the Apex was released and never had an issue there eihter. I've supported many RKE customers and seen plenty of issues in a much shorter amount of time. Aside from the issues, the Neptune interface and Fusion program put the Apex light years ahead of the RKE. I also have a Profilux 3 and would go that route long before RKE. That said, every users experience is different.

Agree! Some people recommends things based on their sour experience that may or may not caused by their own fault.

I strongly recommend Apex. I read good things about them and they make good quality equipment.

OP, you made a good decision on the APEX. They also have a good customer service as well. If I were you, I would call APEX customer service/technical support and obtain the answer from them directly for more accurate answer. :)