PDA

View Full Version : Royal exclusive order taking FOREVER!

Jretzer
09/01/2016, 03:18 PM
I placed an order for replacement part for the intake on pump for my supermarin 250. This was on May 23rd through aquarium specialty.

I still don't have the part and my system has been running skimmerless ever since.

Aquarium specialty has contacted:furious: royal exclusive about the status but don't appear to be getting anywhere.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Beyond frustrated at this point and will never consider this brand again given the unbelievable delay in getting this part.

vhuang168
09/01/2016, 03:50 PM
May be you should contact Royal Exclusiv directly to see if they actually have the part in stock or not?

Or contact the US distributor directly to ask the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breadman03
09/01/2016, 04:25 PM
Scott/Sleif, their US Rep, is very responsive here, though I suspect he may be doing a lot of MACNA prep this week.

slief
09/01/2016, 05:58 PM
I placed an order for replacement part for the intake on pump for my supermarin 250. This was on May 23rd through aquarium specialty.

I still don't have the part and my system has been running skimmerless ever since.

Aquarium specialty has contacted:furious: royal exclusive about the status but don't appear to be getting anywhere.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Beyond frustrated at this point and will never consider this brand again given the unbelievable delay in getting this part.

Interesting.. Care to elaborate on what the part you ordered?

Parts orders that go though Royal Exclusiv USA directly are handled IMMEDIATELY provided they are in stock here in the US and we are generally pretty well stocked. Resellers typically bundle parts orders in with larger shipments. They take time to create PO's and as I said, those orders are oftener bundled in with larger shipments. Sometimes they order non stock items from Germany and again, bundle them in with other orders to keep shipping costs down. We do drop ship items for resellers from time to time but they need to provide packing slips and air bills. When they don't do that, things get delayed.

Issues like this make RE USA not want to take orders for little parts from resellers because if something goes wrong, it always appears as though it's Royals fault when often that isn't the case.

I wish you would have contacted us directly months ago so we could have looked into this.. If this is an issue beyond our control, it will likely impact how we handle special orders for spare parts though resellers moving forward who choose not to stock parts and solely depend on RE for fulfillment. This is not how we do business and hearing of issues like this for the first time after what appears to be months doesn't make me happy. Royal Exclusiv USA works to damn hard to make sure our customers are taken care of expeditiously and hearing this kind of issue as I said doen't make me happy.

I'm sending you a PM.

slief
09/02/2016, 11:32 AM

i got the bottom of this... You ordered a nozzle (part number 286) that was for an discontinued Red Dragon skimmer pump. You ordered it through a reseller who doesn't stock these parts. The part you ordered was included in a much larger order from that reseller that was placed with Royal Exclusiv Germany (Not RE USA). Because this item was consolidated to a large order from that customer, the order was officially entered into Royal Exclusiv's system in early July and that complete order was paid for around that time. This order from the reseller includes multiple skimmers, pumps and other items including your nozzle. As such, this isn't as simple as getting just a nozzle.. That is a several dollar part of a several thousand dollar order. Those orders once packed are then shipped to the resellers freight forwarded who also consolidates orders before shipping them to the US to keep the shipping costs down.

Resellers prepay for orders originating from Germany. When that order was placed or entered into the system, Royal was packing up for their move to a new larger facility so the complete order was not able to be fulfilled. There were items on that shipment that were backordered and needed to be produced in addition to the fact that much of the inventory in Germany was packed or in the process of being backed. Since the production line was shutting down and skimmer bodies in this case needed to be produced to complete that order, the nozzle wasn't and couldn't be shipped because reseller orders ship complete. Not partial.

That said, Royal Exclusiv USA and Royal Exclusiv Germany operate completely separate from each other even though RE USA is owned by RE Germany. In this case, the reseller placed this order directly to Germany and because it was part of a big order and the time frame that the large order was placed, your item didn't ship which is NO fault of Royal Exclusiv's. Shipping orders from customers complete is an agreement between Royal Exclusiv and the reseller and is done to keep shipping costs and logistic costs down. The resellers were made aware well in advance of the move to a new factory as well as production lines shutting down and being moved. They were made aware of the fact that shipments were also being halted in July because of the move and because the production line was shut down as a result of the move, skimmers (included on this customer's order) couldn't be produced. Because this was part of a much larger shipment and because we ship PO's compete, your nozzle didn't ship.

The sad part is that had you ordered your part from Royal Exclusiv directly, you would have had it a long time ago as it would have been included in one of our Ft. Myers shipments from Germany. Hell, we may even have been able to dig the part up from a spare pump or something. Heck, even had you communicated with us some time back, there may have been something we could have done. Instead, it's now September and this is the first we are hearing of it and on the forum no less.

So there are the facts. I had thought about deleting this thread but instead, I think I will leave for all to see so the facts are out there. We have nothing to hide and we pride ourselves for providing great service but in this case, the circumstances aren't as black and white as they may have appeared.

For ANYBODY needing spare parts in North America, please contact Royal Exclusiv USA directly! We stock a wide range of parts and if we don't have it here in the US, we can set you up to order directly from Germany or can at the very least have it included with one of the many shipments we get from Germany. There is no reason for situations like this to arise but please be aware that if our resellers are ordering these non stock parts, they will be consolidated to a much larger order and those orders don't ship until they are complete!

By the way, I sent you a PM yesterday after reading your post and never hear back..

ReefClownMIA
09/02/2016, 11:53 AM
<cut> my supermarin 250. <cut>

Did you find someone to trade your Super Marin 300 for a Super Marin 250?

Super Marin 300 Owners
(http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2560602)

slief
09/02/2016, 02:19 PM
For the record, it appears that the PO (for the items that included your nozzle) was placed on July 18th which was right at the time that Royal was preparing for the move. That is the order date in the system and typically the reseller places the orders through the web portal which logs the order dates. Keep in mind that, as I mentioned above, they consolidate their orders to Germany to keep freight costs down so this part was included as part of a much bigger order. I have a copy of the order with the date on it.

As I said, since some of the items on the resellers PO were back ordered and the shipment was one that required a complete shipment and not partial, the nozzle couldn't ship. Between packing for the move and the move itself which was noted on our website as well as in correspondences to the resellers and setting up the production line, things including production returned to normal 2nd week of August and we advised the reseller of this via email when they inquired in August after the move. The target ship date for the complete order was this week or late last week but it is going to the resellers freight forwarder who then schedules the shipment from Germany to the resellers facility here in the US. Unfortunately, RE USA doesn't get updated on reseller orders that are placed directly through Germany but I was CC'd on a couple correspondences which included an inquiry about this particular purchase order.

While it's really easy to blame Royal Exclusiv, I think you are barking up the wrong tree. If you don't believe me, I would be happy to send you a copy of the correspondences and a copy of the order in our system showing the dates that they were posted. Either way, had you contacted us early on, we could have provided some assistance and given you not only an update on what was going on but could have come up with some options for you.

One thing is for sure.. Your experience is in no way a reflection of the level of service and support that Royal Exclusiv USA provides their customers. Had we known or had you placed your order with us, your issue would never would have become an issue and you would have been a happy camper. Customers who contact Royal Exclusiv US get a response 7 days a week from us not only on the forum but via email and since Marco and I came on board there have been absolutely no issues like this with orders handled by Royal Exclusiv USA. On the flip side, when orders for spare parts are handled via 3rd parties, then we loose all control. This reseller typically does very well by us but when it comes to small parts like yours that are part of larger orders, there are a lot of factors that are beyond our control.

Jretzer
09/02/2016, 05:08 PM
In hindsight I likely should have ordered directly from RE. Thanks for the information you provided regarding the order.

slief
09/02/2016, 05:46 PM
In hindsight I likely should have ordered directly from RE. Thanks for the information you provided regarding the order.

Glad to help and I'm sorry you had to go through that. I sent an email off to Germany to see what the status of that order is. Last I heard, it was being prepped to ship and was slated to go to the resellers forwarder sometime in the last week. I suspect it's already left Germany but will PM you factual info once I hear back from them first of the week. We also had Marco digging through boxes and bins at the Ft Myers warehouse to see if we had one laying around at the US facility. If we did, we would have sent it to you no charge to get you up and running.

Anybody that has had the pleasure dealing with Marco and I will tell you that we do or die for the customer. We are always available 7 days a week and easy to reach. I wish I would have known about this sooner because I can promise you, had we known, your experience would have been 300% different.

Where are you located? We have a customer on the east coast who recently upgraded his Supermarin 300 to the RD3 pump. If you are seriously desperate and the shipment is not in transit, I can call in a favor and see if he will mail you his nozzle under the condition that you send him the new one or his old one back or have AS send him the new one once it arrives. I've already sent him an email to see if he could help. Just a thought..

Jretzer
09/02/2016, 09:04 PM
Wow, slief's response to my situation has been quite amazing. He researched the info and got back to me super fast. I am impressed. I am located in Minnesota, if you could scrounge up a part, that would be great but it does sound like the piece is coming hopefully soon.

slief
09/02/2016, 09:16 PM
Wow, slief's response to my situation has been quite amazing. He researched the info and got back to me super fast. I am impressed. I am located in Minnesota, if you could scrounge up a part, that would be great but it does sound like the piece is coming hopefully soon.

I will update you as soon as I get word back from Germany and or the customer. I should hear back from Germany Monday when Torsten gets back and if I hear from the customer this weekend, I will let you know. I am pretty sure he will still have that pump with the nozzle. He's in New York if I remember correctly. If he's got it, I will send him a USPS airbill so he can mail it to you. We will just need to make sure you get him a nozzle back when the one from AS comes in.