PDA

View Full Version : Ricordia,Yuma, mushroom tank.

rogergolf66
09/03/2016, 02:29 PM
I have a 40b full of different ones with a crushed coral bottom. But they do not grow much if at all. The Lps in another tank and the soft corals in a 3rd tank attached to the same sump r growing well but the shroom tank nothing. What do u recommend for best lighting for them?

Current lighting is a current led stip all blue (it's not powerful at all) and 2 36inch t5 bulbs. I am thinking of changing the led strip to 150-160 Kessil. And keep the t5 bulbs.

What's your thoughts on that and bulbs and lighting times?

Roger

shadowmonster
09/10/2016, 01:35 PM
For a 30 gallon tank full of mushrooms I think you would be ok going with a Kessil A160WE. (with or without the T5 bulbs) If you want to save some money though you might want to look into those "Chinese Black Box" LED's. You could probably achieve the same results with one of these. As far as lighting times go your just going to have to see what works. Start with maybe 5 hours a day and go from there. If the corals aren't behaving the way you would like, increase the photoperiod by an hour. (and so on and so forth)

rogergolf66
09/10/2016, 04:39 PM
Ok thx for info. I bought 2 kessil 150. I will try that with the 2 t5 bulbs.

shadowmonster
09/10/2016, 04:51 PM
With two Kessil 150's and two 36" T5 bulbs over a 30 gallon tank and you should be able to keep anything you want now. (LPS, sps, clams, softies etc)

Sliikkrick
09/12/2016, 01:07 PM
hey guys sorry to high jack your thread but I got a question for you guys since your talking mushrooms I have a orange yuma and I got it like 5 days ago I noticed it had gotten white dots around its mouth got scared and started to shade it since it was under my powerful LED's It open and closed through out the day it looks fine now no more white dots but I noticed that it lost some of it color(orange dots) on one side I know my water peramiters are good I will retest to post but now I have it under medium light I don't want to stress it out too much since its fairly new and I didn't dip.. Should I try feeding it ?

Stevarino
09/12/2016, 01:34 PM
That might help, but finding it a good spot on the bottom & just leaving it alone for a couple weeks is probably your best bet. This is all under the assumption your parameters are within reason though. Low light and low flow seems to suit them best IME, especially when they're a new addition to a tank.