PDA

View Full Version : Add Midas Blenny to tank with damsels?

ladyshark
09/04/2016, 05:55 PM
Hi

I have a 125 gal. tank with LR and various inverts, including RBTA and other flower/rock nems, some hitchhikers, mushrooms and a Colt soft coral.

The damsels are Rolland's damsels, supposedly less aggressive than most damsels.

Would the Midas Blenny have problems with aggression if I added to the tank?

I know I am supposed to add most aggressive last, but given the size of the tank and the nature of these damsels, could it work?

Would later add two clownfish for the RBTA, probably clarkii, maybe maroon, which I know will be territorial and aggressive--would this cause problems for a Midas already in the tank?

Thanks in advance

Dkuhlmann
09/05/2016, 05:56 AM
I answered this on your other thread but yes you should not have any issues adding both the Midas Blenny and the Matted File Fish.

I had a maroon pair but got rid of them because the female would re-arrange my coral frags as well as sand blast my Elegance because she didn't like it where it was. I finally got fed up with her crap so traded them in on a Mocha Ocellaris pair.

As far as aggression towards other fish she didn't go out of her way to attack any other fish but would chase them out of "her" area around "her" bta.

Most fish from what I've found will totally accept both the Midas Blenny and the Matted File Fish without issues. I currently have both.

ladyshark
09/05/2016, 12:33 PM
I am not going to worry about the order. I remember seeing your other post about the maroons. Lot of them out there about nasty GSMs, but yours stands out because of their insistence on throwing sand on the Elegance.

"But they have such great personalities!"