PDA

View Full Version : 125/105 Stock List

Flaring Afro
09/05/2016, 01:56 PM
I'm upgrading my 40 breeder, 37 sump setup to a 125, 105 sump in the next couple of months. I'm trying to plan what fish to get but am not sure how many fish is too many in such a larger setup, and most are only about 3". All of my current fish get along without any aggression and have never harassed new tankmates. There will be plenty of live rock with lots of caves for the fish. Also, the tank will have a canopy so jumpers aren't a problem.

Current fish:

Green Spotted Puffer (~3")
Blue Spotted Puffer
Royal Gramma
Springeri Dottyback
Zebra Barred Dartfish
Yellowtail Damsel
Blue Green Chromis

Fish to add:

Powder Blue Tang (seeing some conflicting info on if a 125 is large enough, would be added last)
Regal Angel (added before flame angel)
Flame Angel
Starry Blenny
Kauderns Cardinal
Purple Firefish
Sleeper Gold Head Goby
Mandarin
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Blue Head Combtooth Blenny
Bartlett's Anthias
Fathead Sunburst Anthias
Ocellaris Clownfish (2)
Orange Spotted Filefish (if I find one that already eats frozen food)

Flaring Afro
09/07/2016, 07:25 PM
Bump. Any thoughts?

scooter31707
09/08/2016, 11:55 AM
IMO, the powder blue needs a 180 or bigger. Also that's too many fish for that tank.

Flaring Afro
09/08/2016, 12:28 PM
IMO, the powder blue needs a 180 or bigger. Also that's too many fish for that tank.

If I cut out the tang, how many more do you think I'd have to remove? I've seen people say it's OK to have 3-4 large fish in a 125 with a tiny sump, and each one of those would have to be at least 5x the bioload as most of these fish listed...

scooter31707
09/09/2016, 07:19 AM
Also do one of the Blennies. Also the Mandarin might not do well with the blenny and the goby. Only 1 set of Anthias. You probably could look into a Tomini/Kole or a Mimic Tang.

Flaring Afro
09/09/2016, 10:53 AM
Also do one of the Blennies. Also the Mandarin might not do well with the blenny and the goby. Only 1 set of Anthias. You probably could look into a Tomini/Kole or a Mimic Tang.

Do the anthias have to be in a group? I only meant one of each. The only fish I planned on having more than one of is the clown fish. Thanks for the input.