PDA

View Full Version : Getting on apex locally.

chris31
09/05/2016, 05:21 PM
I'm having issues getting on to my 2016 apex locally to update. As usually neptunes customer service is useless. I believe it has to do with the SD card issue but their notice states that the only way to confirm you have a bad as card is to see if your system goes through update. Can anyone help me with getting on so I can try and update please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slief
09/05/2016, 05:34 PM
If you don't know the IP address of your apex then type apex.local into your web browsers address bar. That should get you connected if your Apex is connected to your network. Alternatively you can get the IP address by connecting directly to your Apex via the wifi connection in your smart phone.
This instruction should help.
https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexng/apex-wifi/

As for Neptunes support, did you open a ticket? If so, it usually takes a day or so to respond during normal business hours. I've always found their support to be terrific though sometimes it can take a bit for a reply.

If all else fails, post your issue here at the official Neptune forum:
forum.neptunesystems.com

vhuang168
09/05/2016, 06:00 PM
As usually neptunes customer service is useless.

Did you contact Neptune at all? I'm surprised that they couldn't get you squared away.

chris31
09/05/2016, 06:04 PM
Thank you slief. I will give your pointers a try.

Yes I have a ticket open with them. I have infortunately dealt with them way to much since I bought this system. They are not the worst customer support I have ever dealt with but they are Deff not in the "top 10" either.

chris31
09/05/2016, 06:09 PM
Ok so I've tried these pointers. Along with everything else I can think of and no luck. If I try to go into the apex local just nothing happens at all. My browser doesn't even load it.

I've also tried to manually rest the apex unit to try to get it to go into wifi mode and it won't do it.

I'm kind of at a loss. I read on their forum that there was an issues with the update but it's really frustrating that I can't even get up to try the update.

chris31
09/05/2016, 06:19 PM
And not for nothing. There first response to me should have mentioned this problem since they are very well aware of it. I shouldn't have had to go through hours of troubleshooting and research to find this out.

slief
09/05/2016, 06:21 PM
Ok so I've tried these pointers. Along with everything else I can think of and no luck. If I try to go into the apex local just nothing happens at all. My browser doesn't even load it.

I've also tried to manually rest the apex unit to try to get it to go into wifi mode and it won't do it.

I'm kind of at a loss. I read on their forum that there was an issues with the update but it's really frustrating that I can't even get up to try the update.

Did you open a support ticket? If not, I suggest you do so. You can start a support ticket here:
I would suggest downloading and installing the remote software first and sending them the username and password for the remote session. That will reduce back and forth correspondences. The remote software can be downloaded and installed from the link below.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

chris31
09/05/2016, 07:20 PM
Yup, I have done this. I have the software from my other issues with them.

LXXero
09/05/2016, 07:28 PM
you can find the local IP of your apex via dhcp easily enough, if you have access to your router or what not, should be pretty easy to identify by mac address or etc. if you got it hooked up to apexfusion then you can probably just see it under the network settings in the drop down box change from wifi to network and i think it shows the ip....

i had to reboot my apex before the new firmware update would even show up. you can do that under settings i think.