PDA

View Full Version : Calcium reactor ph setting

stravo71
09/05/2016, 06:57 PM
I have had my reactor up and running for a long time now. I run both Cal and mag media. They say they both melt at sane ph. I'm taking their word on it. What ph do you guys run yours at? I am running at 6.80 to 6.9

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

dendrite
09/05/2016, 08:02 PM
6.7 to 6.8 seems to work well for me with Reborn and their magnesium chips. Keeps the dKh between 8 and 9 on a 180 gallon heavily stocked reef with a MRC-CR1 and a masterflex setup at 80cc/min. I used to run at 6.4 but when I cleaned out the reactor and replaced the media with fresh, the dKh jumped to 11

Bpb
09/05/2016, 08:28 PM
I actually run my ph in my reactor between 7.1-7.2 usually with an effluent rate of just over 100 ml/min on my GEO CR 618. Tank is a decently heavy stocked 90 gallon. Could be fuller but there's quite a bit of sps in there. Alk stays pretty constant. Sitting at 8.5 right now

I'll add this reactor is way oversized for my tank volume which is probably why I'm able to (actually HAVE to) run the ph slightly higher. Don't be mistaken it DOES melt at higher ph ranges. You don't have to run it down to 6.5 for it to work. I don't think my masterflex pump would actually drip slow enough on its lowest setting to tolerate that setting without my alk spiraling out of control. I have it at a very happy medium right now and as corals grow I just reduce the effluent a touch with the same gas injection to make for more concentrated effluent. Push of a button adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stravo71
09/05/2016, 09:16 PM
My dkh is at 10.2. It's a korallin reactor running reborn and remag on a 150g display with a 40 sump/frag tank. I will never go back to dosing. Other than strontium and other trace elements. The stability that you can get from a Cal reactor is amazing. I've been thinking of uping my effluent ph to above 7. Try to bring my dkh down a little but I might add more sps. I have some now but it's more of a mixed reef.

stravo71
09/05/2016, 09:17 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160905/6ff71224053bf8e228914c0a6d1879e8.jpg

Reel North
09/05/2016, 09:26 PM
I too use the reborn and zeo mag chips lol. I ALSO have the MASTERFLEX. I've been running the carbon doser at its lowest setting, and had the MASTERFLEX running at 60ml/min. I'm up to 80 mil/min now to keep ph around 6.8.

My sps has taken right off, but I do need to add more since they are mostly mini colonies and frags.

I may increase it again soon. I haven't tested lately, but my pe is great on corals that never showed any.

Everything is encrusting, and beginning to show good growth now.

I really thing the reborn, with the MASTERFLEX has made a huge difference.

I'm running a Lifereef reactor rated for 500g, so I need to increase my stocking.