PDA

View Full Version : Kessil a360w Question

mattyg18
09/06/2016, 07:24 PM
I've got a Kessil a360w on my 60 gal cube which is 6 months old. I've got a bunch of corals with most of them doing very well. I recently moved a GSP (which was doing great) to the back/corner/bottom of the tank and it hardly opens up now. I was hoping to get it to start growing up the back wall. Now it barely opens up. I'm guessing its because not much light gets back there due to the that light being so small.

I'm just wondering if I should add a second and/or third light to cover the back of the tank. My overflow is in the center so theres the light isn't so strong on either side of it on the bottom half of the tank.

Any thoughts of if I need to add additional lighting? And if so what kind? I'm not sure if I can go for 2 more kessil's right now. Those guys are pricey.

Thanks

WaReefer458
09/06/2016, 08:18 PM
If you have a way to mount them just add a couple t5 retrofits.

Bugboy2020
09/07/2016, 10:05 AM
Green Star Polyps do not require much light. After I added my Green Star Polyps, it took them a full week to open up.

mattyg18
09/07/2016, 11:14 AM
I've had them in that new spot now for about 2 weeks and they barely open up. When I had them directly under the light you could hardly see the rock they were on. And plus they grew so much since I first got them.

shred5
09/07/2016, 11:19 AM
Green star polyps usually close up more because flow or they are getting covered in algae or bacteria, not usually because of light.
It could be the light if it is getting very little. How wide is the tank? If it is 24 or less you should be fine.

thegrun
09/07/2016, 11:22 AM
It's just getting used to a new location, give it some time, it will do fine in a lower light area.

mattyg18
09/07/2016, 11:22 AM
It happens to be a low flow area so that makes sense. I'm
Gonna adjust my jabeo later on and see if that helps. Thanks man.

mattyg18
09/07/2016, 08:20 PM
I moved the pump and it made a sandstorm so I've got to be careful with that. Ended up moving the GSP to a more flow area and it seems to be doing better already. Hopefully tomorrow it will continue to open up. I'll keep you guys posted and thanks again!