PDA

View Full Version : How to use Coral Frenzy??

Nanobros
09/07/2016, 04:50 PM
I just bought coral frenzy. It's the powder not the pellets. How do I mix it?? Should it completely dissolve? When I mixed it with tank water there was still some partials floating around in there. Also when should I feed my corals? I have zoas, candy cane, hammer, torch, Kenya tree, mushrooms, Duncan, and a carpet anemone. Should my corals close up when I feed them? I direct fed them. They didn't close up when I fed them the coral frenzy. Thanks!

Art13
09/07/2016, 08:39 PM
Just mix it with tank water and squirt on the corals, I usually feed Lps an hour or two after lights out.

Dkuhlmann
09/08/2016, 04:36 AM
There is going to be larger particles in the coral food. They put in different sizes for different corals to consume. It should state the size range on the container. If not you can go to their website and read about it.

I also recommend to use several different kinds of coral food and I mix them with every feeding. I even put some NLS pellets in the mix along with brine and mysis shrimp.

Nanobros
09/08/2016, 05:19 AM
There is going to be larger particles in the coral food. They put in different sizes for different corals to consume. It should state the size range on the container. If not you can go to their website and read about it.

I also recommend to use several different kinds of coral food and I mix them with every feeding. I even put some NLS pellets in the mix along with brine and mysis shrimp.

Alright for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanobros
09/08/2016, 05:20 AM
Just mix it with tank water and squirt on the corals, I usually feed Lps an hour or two after lights out.

Why after lights out? Don't they start to close up?

Art13
09/08/2016, 07:59 AM
Why after lights out? Don't they start to close up?

LPS feeder tentacles come out after lights out.

Nanobros
09/08/2016, 08:17 AM
LPS feeder tentacles come out after lights out.

What about the hammer, torch, and Duncan?

jd371
09/08/2016, 10:05 AM
I bought a squeeze bottle filled half with RODI water then a mix of Coral Frenzy, Marine Snow, and a couple of cubes of Rotifers and Coral Gumbo, top it off with RODI water and store it in the fridge. Twice a week I give a couple of squirts into the PH's after lights out.

Art13
09/08/2016, 04:24 PM
What about the hammer, torch, and Duncan?

You can feed those guys at any time, but if you have anything like a brain, acan, chalice, scoly, favia and so on, they have feeders that come out at night. I used to feed them during the day as well, they still eat if you toss the food on top of them, but i have a lot of fish now, and they will steal the food from the coral before it can begin to eat it, so night works out much better for me, they don't have any competition.