PDA

View Full Version : Question on 2nd RO unit, please

Twinfallz
09/07/2016, 10:47 PM
hi Buckeye, I have a question particularly for you after reading one of your responses in an older thread regarding hooking up a second RO unit to get a higher product output.

You stated that the 4:1 ratio is important & connecting a second unit without changing the flow restrictor is not a good idea.

Well I read your comment after ordering a second unit & now I'm wondering what which way I should go?

I have two ideas I would appreciate your feedback on

1 - will I increase my product output, time wise, if I connect the second RO unit in parallel(pressure not being a limiting factor)

or 2 - Can I connect the two RO units up in series but remove the flow restrictor from the first unit? I imagine the flow restrictor in the second unit will provide the back-pressure to force water through BOTH the RO units, but will this method increase the product output time wise?

really appreciate any help thanks Buckeye

regards

steve

Buckeye Hydro
09/08/2016, 02:49 AM
Hi Steve - I'd either plumb them in parallel - each membrane with it's own flow restrictor, or plumb them in series and use a single flow restrictor after the second membrane that yields a 4:1 when considering the waste and purified water from both membranes.

Russ

Twinfallz
09/08/2016, 02:56 AM
Thanks Russ, but would either method be better than the other ?

Buckeye Hydro
09/08/2016, 02:58 AM
On these low pressure systems I prefer to hook them up in parallel.

Twinfallz
09/08/2016, 03:03 AM
You're a champion Russ, & a gentleman!

Buckeye Hydro
09/08/2016, 03:04 AM
:thumbsup: