PDA

View Full Version : Radiata Lionfish

keefesn1
09/08/2016, 04:00 PM
I am considering getting a Radiata Lion for my 220 gallon mixed reef tank. I know that they are one of the smaller full sized lions, and I understand that as a general rule, lions will eat anything that can fit in to their mouths. That being said, I donít know how big their mouths will be to consider this problem. Will they eat my four inch cleaner shrimp? The only fish in my tank, currently, that I feel would be eaten is my Yasha Haze Goby. That being said, he does hide and is super quick, so Iím not as worried. The only other small(er) fish I have are my ocellaris clowns, my royal gramma, a firefish and thatís it. Any thoughts?

BigBlueTang
09/08/2016, 05:34 PM
I am considering getting a Radiata Lion for my 220 gallon mixed reef tank. I know that they are one of the smaller full sized lions, and I understand that as a general rule, lions will eat anything that can fit in to their mouths. That being said, I donít know how big their mouths will be to consider this problem. Will they eat my four inch cleaner shrimp? The only fish in my tank, currently, that I feel would be eaten is my Yasha Haze Goby. That being said, he does hide and is super quick, so Iím not as worried. The only other small(er) fish I have are my ocellaris clowns, my royal gramma, a firefish and thatís it. Any thoughts?

Why did you post two threads with the exact same thing?

The Clowns, Gramma, and Goby and Firefish are done for if you add the Radiata.

snorvich
09/08/2016, 05:39 PM
And probably the shrimp.

HidingReefer
09/08/2016, 06:49 PM
I had a Radiata lion, it was fine with damsels and other things, however having him limited the fish I could get, I would always have to get a bigger fish, but other than that it was a great fish!

keefesn1
09/09/2016, 10:08 AM
BigBlueTang, because I did one in the reef section and one in the aggressive and predators section, I wanted to make sure it got seen by both groups.

keefesn1
09/09/2016, 10:10 AM
Are there any other smaller statured lions, other than the dwarf lions, that would be a better choice?