PDA

View Full Version : New apex completely froze

luvreefs23
09/09/2016, 09:06 PM
Have a new 2016 apex and last night it sent me at least 100 text messages telling me it had a power failure. Went to the house it's on this morning and everything just flashing and all outlets on eb8-32 were defaulted to on. Display screen I bought for it just was froze on some tank info that was kinda half off half on screen and when I unplugged everything for a few mins screen came back blank with all eb8-32 outlets off and rest of old style eb8s and eb4 just blinking orange light. Unit won't do anything now, I have one of the 1st ones so I dunno if I got a dud unit, I opened ticket but I'm looking for clues on to what it could be. I have to get this fixed or replaced tomorrow or everything is gonna suffer in the 400 gallon tank. Thanks

Fish Keeper82
10/03/2016, 11:06 AM
Any update?

luvreefs23
10/14/2016, 07:11 PM
Ended up getting another apex from lfs and returning old unit works fine now. Couldnt wait for new unit from apex.

uwish
10/31/2016, 10:50 AM
is it me or do these new units seem to have more issues than the previous version? I know most 'new' products go through a phase of issues, but I keep hearing all over this forum, and from some people I know that have the new version that they are not as reliable and quite prone to freezing.

CODE3EMT
11/04/2016, 03:02 PM
I have never had a problem with my Apex Jr. classic knock on wood.......... but I guess sometimes it's true what they say "if it ain't broke.......don't fix it"

Why try to improve something that already worked so well and you had happy customers.

luvreefs23
11/05/2016, 06:52 AM
I bought for wifi, although the network at the location I was trying to set apex up at was screwy so ended up just hardwiring it anyway it's been a nice unit since I got the latest version. It really is an overall improvement with the energy bars and such now having watt withdrawal readings and 1 link built in. I actually ended up buying another new 2016 apex last weekend for my own build. The new hardware in my opinion is worth the risk, plus that was just the initial release...im confident the bugs have been worked out for the most part now.