PDA

View Full Version : Does instant ocean bio spira very cycle in less 2/weeks?

reefmedown
09/10/2016, 02:59 PM
Anyone have use it?

BigBlueTang
09/10/2016, 03:27 PM
Anyone have use it?

I use it for my QT tanks. Works pretty well. My QT is only a 10 gal, but it usually is fully cycled in a week or so. Sometimes as little as three days. Cycled, IMO, means being able to handle 2 ppm of ammonia in 24 hours. I strongly reccomend going the normal way, however, for a display tank. One month is worth the wait to have a strong population.

Sk8r
09/10/2016, 04:11 PM
It's getting the bacterial population deep into the structure of the rocks, and them little bacterias only reproduce so fast. Granted you're supplying some, but establishing a good processing population just takes the time it takes.

Mark9
09/10/2016, 08:18 PM
Used it many times, it works. just go slow on the fish though.

Rudimenta
09/10/2016, 11:41 PM
as long as you understand the difference between a cycled tank and a stabilized tank your fine. There is no such thing as a stable tank after 2 weeks.

Lsufan
09/11/2016, 01:22 AM
I've used it a few times & ive always had the same results. It converts the ammonia to nitrite pretty quickly but it still takes a while for the nitrite to convert to nitrate. It still took 1 to 2 months to fully cycle. I believe they say it's ready for fish instantly because it converts the ammonia to nitrite so quickly & nitrite isn't toxic to fish in saltwater unless they are extremely high.

cougareyes
09/11/2016, 08:42 AM
I've used it twice, very impressed. One tank caribsea liferock and live sand with seachem matrix, I used bio and dr tims ammonia and tank was cycled in two weeks. Another tank I used previous live rock and seachem matrix from another tank, cycled in less than a week.