PDA

View Full Version : Zeovit & tank cycling

dannyboy11222
09/10/2016, 07:43 PM
Hi all, hope everyone had a good summer :). So anyway let me begin on what i did and what i want. here goes nothing! In June I upgraded my reef to a 125 gallon from a 55 gallon. So i followed BRS 160 build because I pretty much fell in love with the tank and sump ideas, so i decided to build my own but to my living standards (even went as far as having the sump custom built to fit my needs) all because I just wanted more coral and fish, i think everyone feels me on that lol. but the zeovit is more than I can deal with, with my schedule and basically my own cycle of life not to mention the cost to keep the zeovit running, is more than I can handle. I keep forgetting to prime it. at times and as far as dosing, Dosed polp extra instead of zeostart for an entire week, yikes!... So my question is ? being the new tank is only 8 weeks old and running zeovit (with its 14 day cycle) will the tank have a new cycle if I just unplug it? And start from scratch. Also this is for all the pros, what would you do? If zeovit wasn't an option, run a bp reactor or an algea scrubber, this is what I'm leaning on now, but remember I'm running the brs160 sump, so I have the marinepure blocks and chaeto incorporated right now.. Ty for all and or any advice:)