PDA

View Full Version : Overflow Module with LMIII

texdoc77
09/12/2016, 12:44 PM
I purchased the LMIII, a remote pump and the overflow module to begin doing AWC for my tank. I have installed the first two and am getting good water change, however, I did not get any installation instructions with my overflow module. What do I hook it to and how do I set it up?

Thanks in advance.

SpectraPure
09/12/2016, 12:58 PM
Connect the power supply cord to the female jack on the TCM and the TCM cord to the 12V jack on the LM3. Determine the high-level water level the Sensor Tube shuts off by pushing it down into the water until it shuts the system off.

It's best to place that Sensor Tube in the non-evaporating section of the sump so ANY abnormal water rise shuts it off.

Support at SpectraPure

texdoc77
09/12/2016, 02:04 PM
Excellent, thank you. I should have a video on the whole water change system soon.

SpectraPure
09/21/2016, 04:56 PM
we have one more unit that will shut the system down if there is no saltwater made. Its about 69 dollars.

Jeremy

atraperegrinus
10/05/2016, 10:54 PM
we have one more unit that will shut the system down if there is no saltwater made. Its about 69 dollars.

Jeremy

? please explain. i assume its a tube that goes in the fresh/new saltwater container? works opposite the other? when there is no water it shuts off?

SpectraPure
10/06/2016, 02:55 PM
There is an electronic float that you install in the bottom of the salt water reservoir. You will have to run a patch cable from the float to the unit. Mine is run 52 feet. I run it with the tubing that is going from the reservoir to the unit. When the saltwater lowers that low level float it will shut off the entire set up. This prevents a salinity shift when the ATO would kick on after the LM3 drained some water. If there was no saltwater available, that's exactly what would happen.

Jeremy

atraperegrinus
10/06/2016, 05:34 PM
Ah, okay. So basically the same thing i do with my apex now. Thanks. Is there an addon or kit directly from you guys, or a write up on it somewhere? With makeshift parts?

SpectraPure
10/28/2016, 01:56 PM
It will be a kit we will be releasing very soon.

Jeremy