PDA

View Full Version : Photon 48 V1 over a six foot 210

LJLKRL
09/13/2016, 03:01 PM
I currently have a 55 gallon tank with a Reefbreeders photon 48 over it.
I am in the process of setting up a 210 gallon tank and would like to use the photon 48 over it at least for a little while.
What would be suggested to place on each end to help eliminate the shadow effect of the 4 foot fixture? I found a post somewhere that Logan says a photon 48 will work for the middle five feet of a six foot tank.
Does anyone have experience with this setup?

I am going to have to buy more lights in the future but would like to put it off a while.

I have mainly LPS and a toadstool leather right now, so no SPS.

Thanks!

oreo57
09/13/2016, 03:05 PM
I currently have a 55 gallon tank with a Reefbreeders photon 48 over it.
I am in the process of setting up a 210 gallon tank and would like to use the photon 48 over it at least for a little while.
What would be suggested to place on each end to help eliminate the shadow effect of the 4 foot fixture? I found a post somewhere that Logan says a photon 48 will work for the middle five feet of a six foot tank.
Does anyone have experience with this setup?

I am going to have to buy more lights in the future but would like to put it off a while.

I have mainly LPS and a toadstool leather right now, so no SPS.

Thanks!

https://www.reefbreeders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Par-value-guide-Ph-48-90-opt.png

Depends.. You may have some leeway to raise it a bit and cover the whole tank..or change the optics to 120.......

LJLKRL
09/13/2016, 03:13 PM
Well I am going to try it alone at first, and raise it up higher than it is on my 55. I am just trying to think ahead.