PDA

View Full Version : MyGHL issue

minus9
09/13/2016, 09:37 PM
Since I can't post in the GHL forum (haven't been granted access yet) I'm posting here. I can't change the dosing amount in MyGHL account, there's no "save" button when I change the dosing amount, it just goes back to the amount that I created in control center. I can't figure out how to make changes in the iOS app either. I'm not a PC user, but fortunately I have a PC that I bought for my son or I couldn't have set up this doser.
Latest firmware 1.20 installed.
Also, I can't use the app outside of my home network. I've set up virtual servers for my apex, camera, etc, but no such luck with this app.

09/14/2016, 11:29 AM
The save button in myGHL is the floppy disk icon at the top right side of the page. Always click the save button before leaving a page and going onto the next page.

Since you have myGHL setup, you can access the doser from outside the network by using this cloud service. The current doser app is for local use only.

minus9
09/14/2016, 04:11 PM
Got it. Thanks! I opened the control center again and found that the MyGHL setting was on read only. I set it to read and write, but it reverted back to read only for some reason? Now it seems to be working.
I love this doser, it's so accurate, which is why I bought it, but would love to have control center for mac user(s) like myself. I'll learn to love the cloud service, eventually.

minus9
09/14/2016, 06:07 PM
I just tried to connect to MyGHL and couldn't connect. The unit was flashing the white light, so I launched control center via usb (WiFi wasn't working) and noticed that the MyGHL tab was on read only again. What causes the unit to switch to read only and not connect via WiFi? Everything else (on my network) that uses WiFi is working without problems.

minus9
09/15/2016, 02:21 PM
Everything seems to be working now.

minus9
09/20/2016, 01:51 PM
Okay, the same issue just popped up. Couldn't change a value in MyGHL and had to open control center and found the MyGHL setting changed back to read only. What gives?

09/21/2016, 09:56 AM
I can't say that we've seen this issue -
Once you set the option and hit save, unless you inadvertently set the disable on a future go through GCC, then hit save while on another option/tab/page ... that could be the only case.

minus9
10/02/2016, 03:12 PM
So I just tried to change the amount of my calcium and I couldn't. I launched control center and it was set to read only (again). If the unit loses power momentarily, will this cause it to reset?

ReefClownMIA
10/03/2016, 03:38 PM
So I just tried to change the amount of my calcium and I couldn't. I launched control center and it was set to read only (again). If the unit loses power momentarily, will this cause it to reset?

I have not seen that, no.
What version Firmware are you running - If you're not on 1.22, can you please upgrade to the latest included in GCC 1.0.8.7
LINK to download GCC 1.0.8.7 (https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/ghl-control-center-v1-0-8-7/)

minus9
10/03/2016, 09:14 PM
I think I'm on 1.2? Thanks for the link, I'll download and upgrade. Hopefully this will fix the problem?

minus9
10/03/2016, 11:29 PM
I upgraded the firmware to 1.22, hopefully that will fix the issue? I'm glad that I saved my settings before I upgraded, because it lost my dosing amount(s). I'll keep you posted.