PDA

View Full Version : Torch seems happy but bleaching?

Mr.Mulley54
09/14/2016, 07:32 PM
So iv picked up a torch coral a few weeks ago and started him at the bottom of the tank he didn't open fully for a couple days so I moved him up to the middle and he fully opened up and seemed very happy. So recently iv noticed it looks like it starting to bleach still fully open but it's color seems to be disapating? Is it the lights? I have 2 hydra 26hd with whites at only 25% other colors are around 75 which I'm guessing is an ok setting because all other corals are doing great. Any ideas why a torch would seem very happy but starting the bleach? Maybe I need to start moving him down again, any ideas would be awesome. Thanks all.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/lilsumpin54/Mobile%20Uploads/image_17.jpeg (http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/lilsumpin54/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_17.jpeg.html)

I know the picture doesn't really show it bleaching a ton but it's def more then it was at the start

Jollyg97
09/14/2016, 07:39 PM
It might like your flow but the tentacles are a little bit fattened which means it might not be taking the light too well. I'd suggest cutting back to about 45-50 percent. By my knowledge that's a rainbow torch, which I own. I have mine bottom of the tank out of direct led bulbs and its huge and dense. While I say this the tentacles are also thin which means they are as stretched as they can be. So in conclusion I'd lower placement, light, and try to keep it out of the direct light bulbs if you can

Mr.Mulley54
09/14/2016, 07:49 PM
It might like your flow but the tentacles are a little bit fattened which means it might not be taking the light too well. I'd suggest cutting back to about 45-50 percent. By my knowledge that's a rainbow torch, which I own. I have mine bottom of the tank out of direct led bulbs and its huge and dense. While I say this the tentacles are also thin which means they are as stretched as they can be. So in conclusion I'd lower placement, light, and try to keep it out of the direct light bulbs if you can

Ok thanks! I'll try lowing it again hopefully I can find a spot that has the flow it's getting but not in direct light.

Jollyg97
09/14/2016, 07:54 PM
This is a decent image to show what flow I have, it pushes to the right but it's almost hard to tell because of how gentle I keep it. Went from one head to three in about 5 months so it really seems to like lighter flow and moderate-low(ish) light

Mr.Mulley54
09/14/2016, 07:59 PM
This is a decent image to show what flow I have, it pushes to the right but it's almost hard to tell because of how gentle I keep it. Went from one head to three in about 5 months so it really seems to like lighter flow and moderate-low(ish) light

Beautiful piece thanks for the advice!