PDA

View Full Version : ACQ445 for controlling pumps?

Rogger Castells
09/14/2016, 08:46 PM
I am sure this has been asked here before but I wanted to know if this module ACQ445 Open Light Dimming Module 0-10V PWM could it be use with a controllable pump, e.g. a red dragon controllable dc pump 0-10v???

RobbyG
09/20/2016, 01:25 AM
I am pretty sure they already have a dedicated pump dimming module.
When I get a chance I will look it up.

Rogger Castells
09/20/2016, 10:17 AM
Thank You!

RobbyG
09/20/2016, 08:00 PM
They have a new module that handles all 0-5V and 0-10V pumps.
It's the JB-Module (ACQ480)

I have no other information on it, I do know the beta software I am running does have the module widget in the setup menu. I suggest you give Errico a call and see if he has them in stock.

Rob

Rogger Castells
09/20/2016, 08:59 PM
Perfect, just requested it.

Thank you

hani
10/07/2016, 04:59 PM
When is the JB-module comming

RobbyG
10/10/2016, 07:27 PM
I know they have them already made and that they are beta testing them now.
Aquatronica seems to use a fairly strict testing period that from what I can gather ends when they have 6 months of perfect operation by their Beta test team in the EU.

It is very frustrating to put a date on anything they do, because if they run it for 5 months and something crashes they will probably start another testing period after they release the fix to the beta team. I remember a conversation many years ago that I had with one of their techs and he said that they consider long beta testing periods as standard practice with no deviation no matter how much time or money it will cost them. This applies to core functionality and stability, they consider everything else as secondary and don't mess with those until everything else in the core is done.

That mentality while great for reliability really annoys me when I see problems like graphing just shoved aside to add new modules. Yes I want new modules but I also would like existing features even if they are considered non essential "eye candy" to be fixed.

If I was to take a guess I would say if all is going well we should be seeing the Echotech and JB models with the next few weeks. If their has been any issues that number goes out the door.

hani
10/11/2016, 09:17 AM
I understand testing period , but the best test is to release it then fix the issues as they appear.
Most of us are used to that in term thing will show no matter how long you keep testing the beta . We will not think the product is poor if something is off. It's poor if it is left that way till the next Olympic .

RobbyG
10/11/2016, 03:17 PM
I understand testing period , but the best test is to release it then fix the issues as they appear.
Most of us are used to that in term thing will show no matter how long you keep testing the beta . We will not think the product is poor if something is off. It's poor if it is left that way till the next Olympic .

The problem with that kind of thing is that if the bug causes your heater or chiller to stay on indefinitely and kills your tank, they will get endlessly flamed on the forums for it. I understand why they do the long tests, I just do not understand why they jump to add new modules when they should spend time getting the full functionality of the software finished. After all it's not like they have a of stuff left to finish. I can wait on the webpage stuff, that to me is for emergency use only and it works fine for that. What I want is the on screen GUI stuff finished.

BTW That reminds me, I have still not checked the hysteresis in Fahrenheit to see if that is now fixed. Did anybody try it?