PDA

View Full Version : You Think You're a Reefing Addict....

o2manyfish
09/16/2016, 12:39 AM
If you know me you know I am a fish and coral nut.

And currently my display tank is doing fantastic.

And the frag tank outside is doing great.

At the start of the year a little angel caught my eye. I've always wanted to grow an Imperator from Juvenile to adult. I found a beautiful little Imp from Bali. But I didn't want to let it loose in my display tank. So I popped him into the outdoor frag tank. Any damage he did out there wouldn't make me shed a tear.

And he did great.

So what did I do.... I got another angel... And another.... And another....And ( you getting the picture???)

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M7E8NOGvZyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At this point I admit, I have a problem.

Dave B

Dkuhlmann
09/16/2016, 04:57 AM
Dave, your tanks are amazing! Thank you for being addicted and sharing your addiction with us :dance:

mcgyvr
09/16/2016, 05:08 AM
Its never a problem if you know you have a problem :)

Cliving1
09/16/2016, 05:13 AM
Its never a problem if you know you have a problem :)

Thats right. Your already at step 1, admitting it. Now just own it and you will turn out fine! Lol

Donivan2009
09/16/2016, 05:13 AM
Looks great man!! Those two paired platinum clowns are beautiful!! I love designer clowns and I could see myself getting easily addicted to collecting just clowns! LOL. Beautiful frag tank all around!

d2mini
09/16/2016, 06:17 AM
Awesome, love your vids!

I was wondering how you handle rainy weather? Especially heavy storms where you could have a significant rain fall.

mcgyvr
09/16/2016, 08:11 AM
Awesome, love your vids!

I was wondering how you handle rainy weather? Especially heavy storms where you could have a significant rain fall.

It doesn't rain in Cali..

o2manyfish
09/16/2016, 08:54 AM
My answer to the rain question, which is asked by 4 out of 5 people when they hear about an outdoor frag tank is...

The corals are already wet they don't notice.

But the amount of exposed surface area, in relation to the system volume is not substantial. If we got 4-6 inches of rain day after day there might be an issue.

But with the exposure I do have even on a rainy day I evaporate up to 20 gallons a day.

To heat the system I use a couple of big titanium immersion heaters.

To cool I use 3 box fans and evaporative cooling.

Dave B

d2mini
09/17/2016, 08:34 AM
My answer to the rain question, which is asked by 4 out of 5 people when they hear about an outdoor frag tank is...

The corals are already wet they don't notice.

But the amount of exposed surface area, in relation to the system volume is not substantial. If we got 4-6 inches of rain day after day there might be an issue.

But with the exposure I do have even on a rainy day I evaporate up to 20 gallons a day.

To heat the system I use a couple of big titanium immersion heaters.

To cool I use 3 box fans and evaporative cooling.

Dave B

hahaha, yeah i was thinking salt levels would get out of whack, but I guess you right, it's not nearly enough to make a diff compared to daily evaporation. Very cool.

I thought I saw you have a chiller? No?
How warm does the tank get on the hottest summer days?

Thanks!

Grayhead
09/17/2016, 12:14 PM
Awesome setup. I would love to frag your display.