PDA

View Full Version : Evil Banggai Cardinals

ThRoewer
09/17/2016, 05:07 AM
These guys usually come off as peaceful, but nothing could be further from the truth. They can be outright nasty.

I keep a pair in a large acclimatization box inside my 42 CADlight tank to see if I can finally breed them.
I added the little ORA Marine Betta to them for a while and they got along.
When I tried to introduce the little guy to the two other Marine Bettas in that tank, but it wasn't well received and I had to take him out again.
I put him back with the Banggais to recover and for a good while everything seemed to be fine. The fins of the little guy had completely healed and he was definitely in good health.
Thursday evening, when I fed them, he was perfectly fine, but when I checked Friday morning he was dead and looked totally beaten up. Since there was no one else it must have been the Banggais who killed him :mad2:

And that just when I got another small one from Blue Zoo I wanted to pair with him :sad1:

My other Banggais can be mean, but I never thought they would be this murderous to other fish...

And breeding doesn't go anywhere with them either - the males always eat the eggs after a few days.

OrionN
09/17/2016, 05:15 AM
You got a psychotic male. I am sure if you change the male, you will be more successful.

ThRoewer
09/17/2016, 05:19 AM
I have 3 of those.