PDA

View Full Version : RO Automatic Shutoff

wcharon
09/17/2016, 06:34 PM
HI...

I need some help and advise. I have a RO 4 stage filter and I want it to shutdown automatically when the waste water container fills.

To give more information I already have a float valve with a Auto Shut valve installed for the filtered water container and it shuts down properly once the float is activated.

Want to do the same for the waste water container but besides the float valve I don't know what other part I should buy and don't know if the same auto shutoff installed will work also with the waste water.

I appreciate your help and thanks in advance...

biglurr54
09/17/2016, 07:31 PM
Ebay has 12v solenoid ro water valves. Team the up with a float switch and put the valve on the incoming waterline. That's gould work. I have everything just haven't hooked it up for trials.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wcharon
09/18/2016, 07:27 AM
Ebay has 12v solenoid ro water valves. Team the up with a float switch and put the valve on the incoming waterline. That's gould work. I have everything just haven't hooked it up for trials.

Thanks but I have a question. Do I have to replace the Auto shut off that I have now and replace it with the 12v solenoid or is an addition???

Do you know where I can find a diagram with this functionality?

biglurr54
09/18/2016, 09:06 AM
I'm placing mine right at the main water supply shut off. The you can have the other shut off valve after it. Basically if the circuit is "live" with 12v then the valve is open and the ro will work exactly like it does now. If the 12v circuit is broken (float switch) the valve closes and the ro will shut off the same way as if you manually turned off the water supply.

biglurr54
09/18/2016, 09:24 AM
Honestly your best bet is to dump the waste water. After flooding an apartment I moved to dumping the waste water out the window. Now I dump it in the washer drain.

wcharon
09/18/2016, 12:43 PM
Thanks. That is a good point. Actually that is the purpose because now the waste water is going to the washing machine and I have flooded it several times.

I will have to re-think the situation.

biglurr54
09/18/2016, 02:25 PM
That's exactly what I did. Landlord was not happy. I sent it put the window for a while then winter came and I just stuffed the discharge tube in the washer drain pipe. Worked like a charm. Now I have it in an old washing machine drain in my house.

SpectraPure
09/21/2016, 05:55 PM
yeah that's the best. putting float on a waste water container is bad news, and leaving a waste water container unattended is even worse. A washing machine drain is perfect.

Jeremy

wcharon
09/22/2016, 06:36 AM
yeah that's the best. putting float on a waste water container is bad news, and leaving a waste water container unattended is even worse. A washing machine drain is perfect.

Jeremy

Excellent. Thanks to everyone for the input.

SpectraPure
09/22/2016, 10:55 PM
You got it!!!!