View Full Version : Lemon Tree Coral

09/17/2016, 09:43 PM
Curious how many people have had success with these corals? I've kept a couple of purple stereonepthya from liveaquaria successfully, but have never been able to get their yellow version to survive more than a couple of months. Generally, the purple have all been bigger frags and the 2-3 times I've tried to order a yellow variety, they've always been very small and almost always detached from the plug.

09/18/2016, 05:52 PM
I have one, I've had it for a few months.

When I received it it was very limp, and it almost died off. Fortunately, it recovered and it is now growing. Actually... as a result of the limp, what was once it's top is now its base... and its original base is now a baby. So I actually have two growing. It's quite fascinating.

09/18/2016, 08:35 PM
^ show us some pics!

09/19/2016, 10:57 AM

09/22/2016, 07:48 PM
I purchased 3 frags from liveaquaria a week ago. All three were unattached upon arrival. This one has managed to attach to a shell and I'm considering glueing the other two down soon if they don't attach on their own.

09/22/2016, 07:54 PM
also a picture of my purple stereonephthya- more light purple/pink than anything. Really enjoy these corals!

10/02/2016, 10:44 PM

This is how it looked when I first got it. End of May.

As you can see, the left part attached and became the new main "base". The right part was the original base and began to grow. Unfortunately, I think the right one is dead now. Middle of August.