PDA

View Full Version : Will my pistol shrimp pair with a goby?

MarkW64
09/22/2016, 11:17 AM
I tried asking this question on the Tampa Bay Saltwater forum but got no responses so I'll try here. Four months ago I received at least four good sized pistol shrimp as hitchhikers with my TBS package. I'm trying to attach a photo from the TBS website. Might they pair with a goby? Unfortunately I can't find any info about what genus they are in. Anybody with knowledge or experience of this specific type of pistol? I would love to have the shrimp/goby relationship in my tank!

lmm1967
09/22/2016, 09:01 PM
Following along. I know I have at least a few cause I hear them in both the sump and fuge where I currently have TBS rock. Try as I might I've yet to see one. May never see them but I'll keep trying and wouldn't mind having a goby or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calappidae
09/23/2016, 12:32 PM
Alpheus formosus

It will pair.

MarkW64
09/23/2016, 02:15 PM
Thank you so much -- I knew someone here on RC would certainly be able to answer my question!

Now I just need to select the goby to add to my tank.

juniorrocketdad
09/23/2016, 03:54 PM
Most likely it will but some species don't

liverock
09/23/2016, 04:01 PM
I tried asking this question on the Tampa Bay Saltwater forum but got no responses so I'll try here. Four months ago I received at least four good sized pistol shrimp as hitchhikers with my TBS package. I'm trying to attach a photo from the TBS website. Might they pair with a goby? Unfortunately I can't find any info about what genus they are in. Anybody with knowledge or experience of this specific type of pistol? I would love to have the shrimp/goby relationship in my tank!

I call them golden pistol shrimp....there are no 'pairing' type gobys here in the gulf...but you never know...would be an interesting experiment..I do know that is one of the most beautiful pistol shrimps in the oceans....the colors in it are awesome, especially the bright blue legs and orange stripe...and they don't bother anybody...just good sand stirrers......I saw some today diving..

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2601218

cool critters!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :bounce2:

neiltus
09/30/2016, 08:45 PM
I have one I am going to try with a Yellow Goby.