PDA

View Full Version : Algaebarn

mountainraised
09/23/2016, 05:26 PM
Any thoughts or feedback from these guys?:
https://www.algaebarn.com

I have a new tank and to avoid introducing some pests with liverock, I wanted to know if any of you had success using some of their mixes and food?

Buzz1329
09/23/2016, 07:59 PM
Following.

Ou8me2
09/24/2016, 03:04 AM
They are a great company and I've ordered Copepods from them several times. Always good service and I always seem to get more than they say. I'm sure most will chime in and have good things to say about Algaebarn. They are my go to on pods.

JWClark
09/24/2016, 04:32 AM
This is the only place I buy my pods from. I get phyto and pods every two weeks on a subscription for feeding the bottom of the food chain and they are always alive.

Now, if you want amphipods then you can use getyourpods.com. Despite their pics all you get with them is a ton of amphipods. I grow these in my macro tank now.

WilRams
09/24/2016, 06:47 AM
I have bought from them several times. Very happy. Usually can find a coupon somewhere.

xCry0x
09/24/2016, 12:19 PM
Just posted about them in another thread.

I bought a leopard wrasse and wanted to boost my pod population for the wrasse while working it into eating frozen food.

Got one of the $25 bags of pods from algaebarn and was super happy with it. Liked the company more after reading their site as well.

Would definitely order again in the future, going to make a point of re-upping pods every 6 months or so as part of tank maintenance. (assuming I notice a dip in the population).

alton
09/24/2016, 01:11 PM
Great products

mountainraised
09/24/2016, 11:47 PM
Wow, thank you all for the responses, I am looking at options to help seed the new aquarium after my spikes....