PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new tank mate. (20 gallon)

Preble
09/24/2016, 07:55 AM
I have a 20 gallon tank, I currently have 2 clowns. It's been about a month, I'm ready to add another fish.
I'm looking for someone who will do a lot of swimming around. (Also reefsafe)
Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

thegrun
09/24/2016, 08:13 AM
Perhaps a Flasher Wrasse. Two clowns in a 20 gallon tank are going to consider the entire tank their own and not take to a new fish very well, but wrasses can usually defend themselves from clowns.

Ztous
09/24/2016, 10:04 AM
Fire fish should be fine. I like the red variety they have a good contrast against the purple/green dominant rock work found in most reef tanks.

oneofmany
09/24/2016, 10:07 AM
Like mentioned above if those clownfish ever do decide to pair up they'll probably terrorize anything you add to the tank. Once it's full of rocks and corals there's really no place to hide. Just as an example I have a 20 gallon tank with a breeding pair of clowfish in it. I've tried damsels, wrasses etc with no luck. The only thing that did stick so to say was a Bicolor Blenny. For whatever reason they didn't seem to mind it's presence.

Sk8r
09/24/2016, 11:50 AM
Blennies aren't a threat to them. But in a 20, a jump shield for anything you put in with them will assure it stays in the tank.

Reincarnate
09/24/2016, 06:00 PM
In a small tank like that I would think that everybody & everything would be a threat when there's a clutch of eggs to protect.

Denbf58
09/25/2016, 07:17 AM
i have my breeding pair clowns in a 29g and they run that tank only cleaner shrimp with them heck the male bites me every time i put my hand inthe tank during water changes