PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI replacement filters? Best place to get?

hipertec
09/24/2016, 12:20 PM
I have a 5 stage ro/DI coralife system and I had when I was in the hobby 8yrs ago. Started back up and need I think I need to replacement the filters and membrane.

It's reading about 17-20 on the tps meter... Is that OK?

Where is the best and cheapest place to get? My membrane is a filmtek and I'm sure the remainder are generic ones. Just can't remember where I purchased them before.

Also now I need to hook up to my garden hose to water intake. Do they make a gauge I can put up to the hard plastic line?

I also have a line the exits for bad water? What is the ratio of good water to the container and the exit water? Been a long time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vinny Kreyling
09/24/2016, 02:58 PM
Many use BRS there are 3 other places here on RC.
Spectrapure, The Filter Guys & Buckeye Hydro, all are on the sponsor page.
After 8 years I would replace everything & disinfect the unit.
4 waste to 1 good is the ratio you want, along with "0" on the meter.
My pressure gauge is on the membrane housing.
Any of the 3 sponsors can walk you through this.

gus6464
09/24/2016, 05:16 PM
Spectrapure, always spectrapure.

BFG
09/24/2016, 10:28 PM
Go to youtube and check out BRS video on ro/di and what type to purchase .

Buckeye Hydro
10/02/2016, 11:06 AM
I have a 5 stage ro/DI coralife system and I had when I was in the hobby 8yrs ago. Started back up and need I think I need to replacement the filters and membrane.

Yes - you'll want to open everything up, throw out all the filters including the membrane, sanitize the whole system, lube or replace all the orings, and install new filters. Would be a good idea to replace the flow restrictor as well.

It's reading about 17-20 on the tps meter... Is that OK?

No. See above.

Where is the best and cheapest place to get? My membrane is a filmtek and I'm sure the remainder are generic ones. Just can't remember where I purchased them before.

Best AND cheapest... hmm. these two typically don't go together.

Also now I need to hook up to my garden hose to water intake. Do they make a gauge I can put up to the hard plastic line?
Yes - we have a pressure gauge kit for that.

I also have a line the exits for bad water? What is the ratio of good water to the container and the exit water? Been a long time.
In a system that's working properly, with a good membrane and a flow restrictor that's not fouled - it should be around a 4 to 1.

Russ