PDA

View Full Version : Help! Photon v2 Remote Keeps resetting

_JP_
09/25/2016, 09:37 AM
Hey Guys! I've always come here for info but this is my first official post.

Recently bought a Reef Breeders Photon 24 V2 for my 40 gallon breeder and I'm having issues with the remote. Every time the remote times out or its placed on a charger it resets. I follow the steps from the youtube video they have on their websites and I can't get it to stop resetting. The screen that shows reset to default keeps going back to yes. What am I doing wrong here? :confused:

I really love this light, tedious to program but you can really dial in the perfect color. I don't want to return it, I just don't want to keep programming it daily.

Remote version: v8.03 VART

Reef_Breeders
09/25/2016, 12:06 PM
Hey,

Please send us an email with your order number, this sounds like a defective unit and we will replace it under the warranty.

_JP_
09/25/2016, 12:16 PM
Hey,

Please send us an email with your order number, this sounds like a defective unit and we will replace it under the warranty.
What's the email address

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Reef_Breeders
09/25/2016, 12:21 PM
Fill out the contact form on the website, pm us here, or you can email me directly at [email protected]

Reef_Breeders
09/25/2016, 12:22 PM
Also, how are you saving the settings?

_JP_
09/25/2016, 12:29 PM
Ok I filled out the contact form.
Before I start setting it up I go to settings-reset-reset to default (no).

The remote only gives me the option for 1h ramp up, not sure if 1h is the only option. I've read otherwise. Anyway after setting intensity for each channel under each hr, I hit save. Then once I complete all the settings I hit preview, save and return. It runs the program afterward but if I happen to pick up the remote then it completely resets

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk