PDA

View Full Version : reef angel wifi setup help

kga943
10/02/2016, 01:21 PM
anyone use reef angel controller i need help setting up the wifi module

saf1
10/02/2016, 05:00 PM
anyone use reef angel controller i need help setting up the wifi module

If you haven't done so head over to their portal, forums, and there are a couple threads there that should get you started. If you can't find what you are looking for search then create a new one if you still run dry.

I'm pretty sure there are a few last time I checked. It has been a while since I set mine up. Sorry I can't be more specific but just suggesting their site compared to here may yield you better results. I also think they have their own vender site here. Can also check there although I think main is still better.

kga943
10/02/2016, 05:05 PM
yes i am trying that in the reef angel forum just not a lot of action over there so i thought i would try here

saf1
10/02/2016, 05:23 PM
Understood, it can be slow. See if this will help any. Not sure what issue, if any, you are running into other than just setting it up for the first time.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=345&hilit=wifi+setup

kga943
10/02/2016, 05:33 PM
at the point that says to upload wifi test don't know what to do i have tried lol

saf1
10/02/2016, 05:46 PM
Ok, so you got the IP address and port?

When it says upload file, what it means is your Arduino code. If you go further into the thread they are talking about adding reefangel.portal("username"); (syntax I'm sure, forget it caps or not) and dns. You will also need to forward your ports on your router.

When you go to reefangels site, you see portal? Once you have everything set up going to the portal will take you to your setup.

Edit: I apologize that I can't post my Arduino code. I recently re-imaged my PC and I do not have my current code base. But I'm pretty sure in that thread they show it. Lnevo and Rimi are both really good at helping. You could also send Rimi a direct message if what I'm saying doesn't make sense.

Edit 2:
Make sure you have in the headers:
#include < RA_Wifi.h >

And where it says // this should always be the last line have something like:
// This should always be the last line
ReefAngel.Portal( "portal_name" );
ReefAngel.DDNS( "portal_name"-dns.myreefangel.com" ); // not sure if this is necessary
ReefAngel.ShowInterface();