PDA

View Full Version : V2 remote & 2 fixtures

Ron Reefman
10/04/2016, 12:26 PM
Logan & anybody,

I just got my 2nd V2. I have a 50" over my main DT and the new 16" is over a new display refugium. So now I have questions.

One remote can work both if I want them to look the same... but I don't. I want the DT to be more blue white with no red or green and the refugium to be more white with both the red and the green.

Both fixtures in the settings shows the address ID as 0.

Questions:
1) How do I change the ID on one?
2) If I change the ID, do I have to use the 2nd remote (one for each ID)?
3) is there a way to store 2 custom settings programs, one for each ID all in one remote? If so, how?

The instructions only say that I can run multiple fixtures from one remote if they all have 0 as the ID. I want the opposite. I want 2 custom programs in one remote that I can switch back and forth between rather than having to use 2 remotes. Is that possible?

Leave it to me to have the oddest questions. Thanks for any kind of help anybody can offer.

Reef_Breeders
10/04/2016, 12:35 PM
Hi Ron,

I emailed you a set of instructions on how to set them both separately, I copied/pasted that info here as well:

1. Unplug both lights
2. Plug in the first light, and power up the controller.
3. Go to the settings section under the menu, and select “control channel”.
4. Set the control channel to 1 (a setting of 0 will program all nearby lights)
5. Enter your custom settings, then save them by going to save and pressing ok, then going to return, and pressing okay.
6. Unplug the first light.
7. Plug the second light in, and repeat steps 2-5 with the controller for the next light, entering “2” for the control channel instead of 1, then “3” for the third light and so on. You can program up to 7 control channels.
8. Plug the first light in again.
Note: While the lights are now on separate controllers, changing the settings on either of the lights will require you to repeat the steps above. The lights will continue to run the custom program once it has been set then saved to the light.

Ron Reefman
10/04/2016, 03:24 PM
Gees Logan, talk about GREAT customer service! Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Once I get it set I'll take a photo and post it up.

It's now 30 minutes later and it didn't work. Maybe I screwed something up. I'll try again and have my wife look at the instruction as well. Maybe I'm reading them wrong.

More to follow.

Reef_Breeders
10/05/2016, 10:49 AM
Gees Logan, talk about GREAT customer service! Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Once I get it set I'll take a photo and post it up.

It's now 30 minutes later and it didn't work. Maybe I screwed something up. I'll try again and have my wife look at the instruction as well. Maybe I'm reading them wrong.

More to follow.

Let me know what happens. Also, you must use 2 separate remotes, and make sure you unplug the light you don't want to program if you use the remote.

Ron Reefman
10/11/2016, 09:14 AM
Hi Logan,

I finally had the time to try and work with the lights. I followed your instructions as best I could and the lights don't do what they are supposed to do.

BTW, your instructions say, "Go to the settings section under the menu, and select "control channel". Neither of my remotes has anything that says "control channel". Now I'm pretty sure it's the same as mine saying "ADDRESS ID".

I can't get the lights to do anything when I change the "ADDRESS ID" to 1 or 2. They work fine on 0, but then both fixtures end up having the same settings. If I set the display tank as "1" and do my reef setting, save and return. I get my settings OK, but I can't turn the light off. If I go to address "0" they turn off and on fine. I have the exact same issue when I do the display refugium. I change the address ID to "2", and do my refugium settings, save and return. Again, the fixture will not turn off. If I go back to ID "0" they will go off.

Am I doing something wrong? It's as if the address ID isn't being saved?

Ron

Reef_Breeders
10/13/2016, 08:06 PM
Hi Logan,

I finally had the time to try and work with the lights. I followed your instructions as best I could and the lights don't do what they are supposed to do.

BTW, your instructions say, "Go to the settings section under the menu, and select "control channel". Neither of my remotes has anything that says "control channel". Now I'm pretty sure it's the same as mine saying "ADDRESS ID".

I can't get the lights to do anything when I change the "ADDRESS ID" to 1 or 2. They work fine on 0, but then both fixtures end up having the same settings. If I set the display tank as "1" and do my reef setting, save and return. I get my settings OK, but I can't turn the light off. If I go to address "0" they turn off and on fine. I have the exact same issue when I do the display refugium. I change the address ID to "2", and do my refugium settings, save and return. Again, the fixture will not turn off. If I go back to ID "0" they will go off.

Am I doing something wrong? It's as if the address ID isn't being saved?

Ron

Hi Ron,

Are you setting the address ID with one, or both lights on?

Ron Reefman
10/19/2016, 04:21 AM
Logan called me yesterday and we discussed the issue of changing the 'address ID' on the new fixtures. It's obvious to us we don't understand the proper way to make that work. Hopefully the people who created the programming will be able to give us way to change the 'address ID' which will make modifying the custom program easier.

But Logan came up with a temporary solution (at least I really hope it just temporary). So now I can run 2 fixtures next to each other and have different custom programs. The sps & lps reef gets a blue and white look for coral growth while the display refugium gets a red, green and white look for algae growth. I'm glad to be able to run different custom programs and I really appreciate Logan's help with this! It makes for an interesting look, don't you think?

Here is what it looks like in the late afternoon when both fixtures are running at midday power levels. I may tone down the refugium some as it is running with red, green and white leds at 100% and the blues and violet at 30%. It was basically just a starter program to see if the 'fix' Logan came up with would work. Certainly not my finished product... at least I don't think it is???

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/RonReefman/20161018_170631_zpsfaas63gv.jpg (http://s395.photobucket.com/user/RonReefman/media/20161018_170631_zpsfaas63gv.jpg.html)

This is that it looked like at 6AM when the lights came on in the dark with the room lights turned off.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/RonReefman/20161019_055325_zps40vbkfbb.jpg (http://s395.photobucket.com/user/RonReefman/media/20161019_055325_zps40vbkfbb.jpg.html)

This is what it looks like at 6AM with lights on in the room. The reef has just some blue leds lit up and the Refugium has just the red leds lit up.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/RonReefman/20161019_055307_zpsgemf5luq.jpg (http://s395.photobucket.com/user/RonReefman/media/20161019_055307_zpsgemf5luq.jpg.html)

LJLKRL
10/19/2016, 02:09 PM
What was the temp fix?

Ron Reefman
10/20/2016, 04:32 AM
What was the temp fix?

You need to tie each fixture to a unique remote, i.e. 2 fixtures 2 separate remotes. Unplug 1 fixture and do the custom program on the other and start the fixture running the program as normal by hitting save and return. Now unplug that fixture and plug in the first fixture which was unplugged. Now program the different custom settings into the snd remote and start by hitting save and return. The 2nd fixture should now have a different custom program. Now plug the first fixture back in and it should turn on with the 1st custom program. And that's it, 2 fixtures running 2 different custom programs. Yea!

However, the bad news is that if you change ANYTHING on either remote, you will change both fixtures!

Example: I set my manual to be 100% of both blue and the violet channels and 0% of white, red & green. It's good for showing off the corals and anemones that fluoresce well. but if I pick either remote and go to manual, both fixtures go full blue. To get back to 2 separate custom programs you have to go through the entire unplug and plug back in scenario!

So hopefully the people who make or program the system can explain to Logan what we are doing wrong when we try to set the remote to an 'address ID' different than zero.

Ron Reefman
10/25/2016, 08:24 AM
Logan, any info on how to make the change in address ID work?