PDA

View Full Version : Koi Tang

Deefish714
10/05/2016, 09:25 AM
Whats the minimum tank requirements for these beauties. Is it the same as regular yellow tangs?

Sugar Magnolia
10/05/2016, 09:30 AM
Yes, same requirements as a regular yellow tang, 75g minimum.

jayball
10/05/2016, 09:31 AM
Whats the minimum tank requirements for these beauties. Is it the same as regular yellow tangs?

Google search shows that that is a nicname for piebald yellow tangs (never heard of it before this). If that is the case than it will be the same requirement as a proper yellow.

scooter31707
10/05/2016, 09:33 AM
Not sure, I think they may be more on the side of the Scopas which I think may be a 125 min. I may be wrong.

Deefish714
10/05/2016, 09:43 AM
Yeah I was getting lost of mix discussion after a research on the names/nicnames. When I seen them at the local coral shop they were way bigger then any yellow tang Ive seen before. but then I guess maybe I haven't seen big ones

Grkgod36
10/05/2016, 08:18 PM
These are wicked looking !! How much are these ? And where can you get one ?

McPuff
10/06/2016, 09:23 AM
Considering how expensive those fish are, I would assume that anyone buying this fish also has a very large tank and doesn't need to think about if said tank is big enough. I don't mean that in a negative way to the OP or anybody else... it just seems to be true. I'd go with a minimum of 120 gallons for just about any tang as they are such active swimmers. Sure, they CAN go into smaller tanks. The fish simply won't be as active/healthy. Super cool fish regardless!

Dmorty217
10/06/2016, 09:32 AM
Considering how expensive those fish are, I would assume that anyone buying this fish also has a very large tank and doesn't need to think about if said tank is big enough. I don't mean that in a negative way to the OP or anybody else... it just seems to be true. I'd go with a minimum of 120 gallons for just about any tang as they are such active swimmers. Sure, they CAN go into smaller tanks. The fish simply won't be as active/healthy. Super cool fish regardless!

+1 you won't get your hands on one for less than $2K. Also colors will fade away and sometimes they revert back to their natural coloration in a aquarium environment. There are "pieball" bristletooth varieties that aren't nearly as desirable because they often have brown and black spots on them instead of white.

Dmorty217
10/06/2016, 09:34 AM
These are wicked looking !! How much are these ? And where can you get one ?

A diver which means transhipping, documentation for customs, minimum box orders, eating all dead on arrivals ect ect