PDA

View Full Version : Jecod CP 25 AQlink T1 Review - need help too.

Reefer54
10/07/2016, 10:00 AM
posted in another thread too: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2580710

I picked up a cp25 for a standard 20g to see what it could do. then, after realizing it was phenomenal for a nano (on 30% t0 40% power), i ordered the T1.

No movies or pics besides my current schedule.

What I like:
- The controller appears to fully function as it claims when it comes to % +/- setting control....meaning, if you put 36% in, it certainly seems to work at that power (but this also links to a question further down)
- The added reef and nature mode, combined with the ability to switch between modes on a set schedule (all from your phone) is truly the next step and fills in my desire to replace soooo many power cords and timers from past setups.
- there is a feeder button and scheduled feeding shutoff capability.
- Night mode is based on time, not on a light sensor......but long term diurnal flow rate shifting has been thoroughly proven or disproven in terms of benefit for our tank inhabitants.....still cool that it works better than any of the sensor activated night modes...

Things i dont like:
- 1 pump per controller. only 3 controllers per app/phone....must have been an expensive upgrade.
- The NORMAL mode.....which we set the % of power the pump should work at -- Does this mode set the MAX outut within which ALL OTHER modes % settings work based on.... I believe the power settings for ALL OTHER modes which have the option (more with the option would have been nice) are based off the power % set in NORMAL mode....but i may be totally wrong.
- There does not seem to be the same timed ramping which is on the original basic controller....if the ramping option does exist, it is only for a couple specific modes.
- *more the pump than the controller: The pump does create a rather large "less li vely (not dead)" spot directly in front, behind, and below of the entire width of the pump. this not quite dead spot kinda sucks because it's wide and pretty much as tall as the height off the bottom of the tank. Also, I get TREMENDOUS random currents in 90% of the tank, but it is not effective right in front of itself. On the up side, ALL of the detritus and other crap settles in the same spot(s) all the time, so cleaning is stupid easy. I cant wait to see them make these better.

- And yes, this things does awesome in my little 20g...

Overall, this pump and controller combo work out seemingly fantastic, instantly proving to create a far more random flow than the pump set in one mode with increasing and decreasing times of static output. I do find, which is no surprise at all, the absolute lack of explanation or manual to be rather frustrating because if i can not be certain of my % outputs, i cannot be certain about actual turnover rate. BUT IT LOOKS SLICK WHEN I FEED or dust.

If anyone knows more about the points i brought up, please correct me...no offending me here, i would love to hear others' experience/knowledge. Otherwise i hope i helped.

Im still working on the schedule of modes....The power %'s you see are where i base my belief of the NORMAL being the master max power the rest of the mode %'s work in relation too....but again, i may be wrong.

Let me know

---Id also like to add that the first cp25 pump i bought sparked when plugged in then stopped working almost immediately. Return. New one shipped back.

2nd one sparks when unplugged, but it still works no problems......crazy chinese knockoff potential hazards....yikes.

Follow UP: After just 2 months, shortly after installing the T1 Controller, i disassemble and clean the pump, reassemble, and sure enough -- it has stopped working.

i can get the pump to turn without the pump housing. Once the housing is back on it wont turn. disassemble - reassemble, nothing. disassemble - reassemble, nothing. Disassemble - reassemble, it turns without the primary housing (magnet). Install it into the main housing, not working.

So, the main housing/holster for the pump is warped -- the outside hook/holders are bent outward, putting uneven, outward pressure on the pump motor.

Anybody out there have similar issues or better yet, a solution???

i did find that the pump needs to be reassembled in a particular way. Each side of the pump has raised, graduated, lines which coincide with an arrow on the central pump housing....these lines/arrow need to be lined up so the outside blade housings give the main magnet holder more integrity, but i still cannot get the whole pump to stop bending from the middle out.....it turns without the magnet housing/holder, but it no longer is turning water through it fast enough to create any flow.

in short, this pump is a giant waste of money. I am curious if the Maxspect is better made for maintenance and long term reliability.

Anybody have insight?

mcgyvr
10/07/2016, 12:42 PM
It is VERY..VERY picky about reassembly..
Do it again until it works.. It will work once everything is "perfect".. Any slight "tweak" will cause it to not start/stall.

Reefer54
10/07/2016, 10:36 PM
no kidding....this thing p's me o.

BIGCYCS805
10/08/2016, 09:02 AM
Heres my schedule i have the max in normal at 85% dosent look like it changes much on the graph so i set night mode at 85% 8:00-20:00
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/bbc635da9d15183a1b44ab7af1eb2ceb.jpg