PDA

View Full Version : recycling waste water into hot water tank

DrHarryLopez
10/09/2016, 04:03 PM
Hey, I heard a while back that there was a way to recycle the waste water into the house hot water tank. Does anyone here know anything about it?

j_mazzy
10/09/2016, 04:30 PM
I would venture to guess you would place a t fitting with an upward facing pipe off the down direct main feed line. this way the water still feeds off the main into the unit. this is just a guess as the pressure from the main may be enough to cause water to backflow into your system without some type of gate

jamie1981
10/19/2016, 06:37 PM
I don't see how that would work with a standard installed water heater if your adding wastewater to the tank you need to take heated water out of the tank as you never actually empty a water heater of water only heated water. Kind of a waste of energy. I should say it's a waste of energy UNLESS you are using hot water at the same time your RO unit is producing waste water but even this would cause back pressure on the RO unit which will reduce it's efficiency.

nitrodude
10/21/2016, 12:32 PM
Never heard of smyone using waste ro water in a water heater. Theres just no easy way to do that.

Now people using their waste ro water to fill their washing machine and water plants ive heard of

madweazl
10/21/2016, 12:38 PM
Never heard of smyone using waste ro water in a water heater. Theres just no easy way to do that.

Now people using their waste ro water to fill their washing machine and water plants ive heard of

We've been doing this for about three weeks now. When you fill the washer for the first time it really makes you think about how much water is going down the drain. For us, it is really easy since the unit is in the wash room and we have small garden right outside the same room.

lngliv3
10/31/2016, 09:30 PM
I do the same thing using the waste water to wash clothes 5 gallons of ro/di water fills the washer on a full load of clothes! Then save some water for the wife to water flowers and use some to water my garden .

Kawasaki213
11/22/2016, 07:46 PM
Me too, I use that to water the fruit trees in the back