PDA

View Full Version : That Pet Place?

nmotz
10/09/2016, 11:25 PM
Anyone ever order from these guys? They claim to get several different species including Odontodactylids. Just wanted to see if there was anyone that had information on this retailer.

Breadman03
10/09/2016, 11:45 PM
They are semi local for me and I buy periodically in person. The quality is on par with my other nice LFS.

Actually, I'm probably going this Saturday because I somehow have off of work on a Saturday and the local reef club is having a frag swap there.

nmotz
10/10/2016, 08:25 AM
Breadman, have you ever seen mantis shrimp there?

Anyone else had a good/bad experience with them ordering online?

Breadman03
10/10/2016, 08:40 AM
I have. Though I have never looked for them specifically, it seems like they either have a bunch or none. Admittedly, I only go maybe 2-3 times per year and usually on a Tuesday or Wednesday due to my work schedule, so my perspective doesn't cover the days after deliveries come in.

nmotz
10/10/2016, 09:25 AM
I have. Though I have never looked for them specifically, it seems like they either have a bunch or none. Admittedly, I only go maybe 2-3 times per year and usually on a Tuesday or Wednesday due to my work schedule, so my perspective doesn't cover the days after deliveries come in.

:thumbsup:

Calappidae
10/16/2016, 01:46 PM
I've ordered from TPP twice (l live 5 hours away from them so too long drive, short ship trip)

1st order: DOA box crab
2nd order: got order confirmations, money taken out, website showed harlequins were in-stock, 5 days later after suspicion I contact them and they said they never updated the in-stock to out of stock and to wait 2 months to get more in and then they'll ship it, did get refunds and canceled order after requested.

They also don't have many guarantees on the majority of their livestock (its find waldo going through their website looking for an invert that is guaranteed).

Not the best experience here for how close I am but I've heard good things from walk-ins and they're pretty knowledgeable with identifying their livestock.

nmotz
10/16/2016, 03:42 PM
I've ordered from TPP twice (l live 5 hours away from them so too long drive, short ship trip)

1st order: DOA box crab
2nd order: got order confirmations, money taken out, website showed harlequins were in-stock, 5 days later after suspicion I contact them and they said they never updated the in-stock to out of stock and to wait 2 months to get more in and then they'll ship it, did get refunds and canceled order after requested.

They also don't have many guarantees on the majority of their livestock (its find waldo going through their website looking for an invert that is guaranteed).

Not the best experience here for how close I am but I've heard good things from walk-ins and they're pretty knowledgeable with identifying their livestock.

Good to know....seems the consensus is that they are a decent, knowledgable LFS but don't have the best reputation for online orders. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it's getting harder to find mantis shrimp online. I'm just trying to find out what I can about the various dealers. Somebody said that ibluewater doesn't have a source for Peacocks anymore. If true that sucks because I had a great experience ordering through them last time.

Calappidae
10/20/2016, 11:09 PM
Ironically I asked my LFS what the chances of getting a peacock in were,

..and they said none, all their suppliers haven't had one in stock to send in for months.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned actually.

nmotz
10/21/2016, 06:49 AM
That's kinda the tone I've been getting from around the online supplier community too.....something must've changed, maybe it's more costly to dive that deep to get Peacocks? I don't know, but I don't like it.

Hadla
10/21/2016, 04:41 PM
Makes me glad I still have Roger, tiny hammers and all lol