PDA

View Full Version : Darty Melanurus Wrasse?

Notorious
10/10/2016, 08:20 AM
Ok so I am hoping this is just a case of him not being settled in but my new melanurus wrasse. I have him in a 40B with a young rectangle trigger(tank is temporary upgrading to a 6ft tank in the next year) and the wrasse darts all over the tank when I come close even during feeding. It is super frustrating because he causes my triggerfish to be darty as well. Is he just not settled in yet? Or is just normal wrasse behavior?

Marshall O
10/10/2016, 10:18 AM
They are darty by nature IME. It's not necessarily a wrasse thing, but a species thing.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

vhuang168
10/10/2016, 10:19 AM
Probably not settled. My Melanurus waits for me by the feeder when I walk up. But your's could be just plain skittishness. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notorious
10/10/2016, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the responses. I will see how he changes over the next couple of weeks. He definitely comes right up to the front to beg for food with the trigger but he always ends up darting all over the tank when he does.

jd371
10/10/2016, 12:36 PM
I've had mine for about 6 months now and he's the same. Sometimes when I feed he'll dart to the food and then back under some rocks. I have 3 Wrasses and they're all kind of jumpy compared to the other fish in the tank.